"Can't launch Sleeping Dogs" error

Hello, all! I recently downloaded Sleeping Dogs from XBL onto two Xboxes. One my husband did and one that I did. It seemed to work fine for him on both consoles. I was able to play it with my gt on one console,  but the other, I get the subject's states error. Any thoughts? I've gone into the market and "re downloaded" it and restarted the xbox. No solution thus far. Thanks for any advice! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Which profile was used to download the game? Only one or both?

If it was only your husband that downloaded the game both times, the reason is this:

On the console he downloaded it to first, that one has a console licence and thus all users can play the game unabated, both online and offline.

On any other console, only your husband's account would be able to play the game (his profile has the profile licence), and he needs to be connected to Live while doing so.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm. He downloaded the game on both. I had "downloaded" per se,  the game on one. I just went to the marketplace and selected it. It was working fine a few days ago, I'm trying on the other console this evening and there is where I'm getting the error. I did the same process as before. Even on the other console, I didn't actually have to download it to the box. Maybe I missed my window.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hm, well if you go to the Marketplace on the console after it's already been downloaded, the Download button is replaced with a Play Now button, so you probably would not have been able to 'download' it and thus tie it to your account.

To check, go to Settings/Account/Download History. If you can see it in there, you are indeed having some kind of problem. If it is not there, then it does seem like only your husband downloaded the game, and you will be restricted to playing it on the first console.

If it is there in that list and you are having problems, the most likely thing is that on the second console you are not actively connected to Live while playing? On any console other than the one you download to initially, you do need to be connected to the Internet in order to play it (console needs to verify the profile licence).

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.