"Can't authorize the selected payment option"

This is frustrating me... I just synced up my Paypal to my Xbox Live account and am trying to purchase 4,000 MS Points. Adding the Paypal to my Xbox account went smoothly, however, when I try to purchase the MS Points I get this message:

"Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one."

And that's all it says; no error code or anything else. My Paypal account has my debit card and my actual checking account hooked up to it, and I also currently have a Paypal balance of $17. Not really sure why it is denying me because I use my Paypal account frequently for all different types of purchases. Thoughts???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Good to hear I'm not the only one still getting that message. That was going on earlier today but according to the xbox live status page, it's been fixed. I still cant purchase microsoft points, I get the same error message. Any help on this issue would be great.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Great... Sounds like its time for a facepalm... Oh Microsoft... What would we do without you?... Lol

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had the same issue, check your bank too, I have and the money for each failed attempt has already been taken, but no points etc on my account

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Yannis1989! If that's the case and your money has been taken out already, you should definitely call our billing department as soon as possible! You can request a call on our contact us page, they will be able to help you sort this out. :)

Sorry this didn't help.