"Bomb Squad" achievement glitched in Dec 27 new version

1. What version & build of Windows are you running?
    Windows Phone 8 build 10521.155
  2. What is the make (who made it) & model (if you know it) of the device or devices you are using?
    Nokia Lumia 1520
  3. About how long ago did you start having this problem?
    Since the first version
  4. Have you noticed this problem happening on any other games?
    No, this achievement is specific to this game
  5. Describe your problem. Please explain what happens from the time you launch the game until the problem happens.
    I installed Microsoft Minesweeper on my phone, and tried to unlock the achievements. However, the achievements "Bomb Squad" cannot be unlocked. This achievement requires you to correctly flag 500 mines, and a counter xx/500 is provided for tracking the progress. However, no matter how I play the game, the counter remains at 0/500 and the achievement cannot be unlocked.
  6. Please post any other details or notes about your problem here:
    None

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I find the solution myself:

Because I use Chinese as my phone language, due to a localization problem, there is no theme selection available in Chinese version; however, this achievement requires you to correctly flag 500 mines using modern theme, and garden theme doesn't count! So I switched to English, reboot my phone, and played Microsoft Minesweeper using modern theme. In this condition, the counter works correctly and I already unlocked this achievement.

BTW, would you please still submit the feedback that theme switching is not working if system language is Chinese? This problem persists since the very first day of Microsoft Minesweeper's release on Windows 8 in 2012. Thank you very much!

Command what is yours. Conquer what is not.

Yes, this has already been submitted and I will see if I can get any updates on the progress of it. Also thank you again for your help in the other thread. :)