"Blood on the Ice" Quest & Purchasing Hjerim.

Ok Skyrimmers got yet another question. This one I can't seem to figure out.

My new question is Hjerim; How the heck do you purchase the wretched house?

I've checked out several different sites and readerboards...etc. I've tried everything that each one stated.

I completed the war (sided with the Legion) defeted Ulfric Stormcloak and Galmar Stone-Fist as I was instructed by General Tullius.

Brunwulf Free-Winter arrived asking me to be thane...though I'm pretty sure Ulfric made me thane, so I'm a bit lost at that.

But, no matter what I do I can't get "Blood on the Ice" to pop up to solve the murder mystery and whatnot.

I've gone into Calixto's House of Curiosities (I already know he's the butcher), got into his chest above the little stairway and found the Butcher's tools, journal(s?) etc...

I've entered and exited the city WAY more than 4 times like most of the sites stated. Nothing new happened.

Stolen the 'Key to Hjerim' off of Tova Shatter-Shield, went inside Hjerim took a papmlet and the extra journals and still nothing happened.

I can't investigate anything, going into the butcher's secret room in Hjerim didnt pop up anything.

After doing all that I decided to go back to the palace to ask Jorleif to purchase the house once more, to see if having the key would change things...and still nothing.

I've also reloaded a previously saved game before I stole the key to try other things. Nothing's worked. I also reloaded a previous saved spot before I ever picked sides for the war....and still nothing.

The "Blood on the Ice" quest has yet to pop up...Soo, Im wondering, iIs there another quest in the way thats preventing me from starting the murder quest? Or did I possibly do a previous quest that might of halted this one from happening?

I also forgot to mention; Im part of the companions, the guild, and the dark brotherhood. I even tried a past saved spot before I ever joined the dark brotherhood because Ive read that joining them can put an affect on the blood on the ice quest. Can any of these things be a problem? If not idk what to do!

Hjerim is the only house I havent purchased! It'd be pretty messed up if I serioulsy cant get it, this game really needs to be debugged!

Someone help me and/or guide me through this lol.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Multiple posts on the same subject aren't neccessary... It's the single most bugged issue in the entire game. Seems to be just a matter of luck.

[quote user="ashesfall017"]

I've gone into Calixto's House of Curiosities (I already know he's the butcher),

[/quote]

He is? Not the Blood on the Ice I know. Calixto is involved in the quest but he's not the killer.

Also check with the old woman (I forget her name) who is always rambling about the murders.

She's got a part in the quest as well.

[quote user="Bird125"]

[quote user="ashesfall017"]

I've gone into Calixto's House of Curiosities (I already know he's the butcher),

[/quote]

He is? Not the Blood on the Ice I know. Calixto is involved in the quest but he's not the killer.

Also check with the old woman (I forget her name) who is always rambling about the murders.

She's got a part in the quest as well.

[/quote]

Really? a second post? Must be the forum glitch machine at work. Won't answer it again here but Calixto is way more involved than you think. The stone quarter includea the little market area by the White Phial.

[quote user="Jameser78"]

Multiple posts on the same subject aren't neccessary... It's the single most bugged issue in the entire game. Seems to be just a matter of luck.

[/quote]

"Multiple posts on the same subject aren't neccessary... "

Yeah, I kinda know that its not neccessary, lol. This site wont allow me to edit what I posted nor delete; therefore I posted a 2nd post with everything that I meant to post the 1st time. lol