quickscoping is not gonna be in ghosts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5jwLwCWtTs

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/09/06/quickscoping-will-not-be-in-call-of-duty-ghosts/

One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better.

The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

See you in game!
-Mark

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Quickscoping is NOT a problem and Ive seen it in Ghosts gameplay already, however, a bigger gripe is gonna be everyone using rapidfire controllers and Marksman rifles, just saying.

^^ Go play some ffa

Anyhow ..... what I've seen and heard sounds promising. As far as the marksman class, it just looks to me like they took the high damage assault rifles, and the lower damage sniper rifles and combined them in a new class between the two...... something I think they should have done all along. Give the rushers their high damage weapons and give the snipers their sniper rifles ......... as long as all the other specs jive, such as movement speed, ads speed, hipfire accuracy, stealth ability for snipers, etc.

I dont think there's much point in guessing exactly what it will be like. Only time will tell.

Here is 10 mins of sniper gameplay.Seems like there's no Quickscoping,However sniping still seems like a very viable option.It looks ok to me http://youtu.be/fWEtZpvZ0_0

There are some things I like. He said you actually have to be accurate so qsing is pretty hard, however, when you get to right around 3 minutes he makes some questionable dragscopes. Now its more than possible he pulled the trigger at the right time, but it does concern me a bit because the drag scopes I think are even worse in bo2 than the quickscopes. I can even correct shots after I pull the trigger just by a little flick of the stick.

Also .... he talks about the speed perks he was using and thats another gripe of mine. Right now its a bit too easy to run in and out of cover making ohks while letting your health regenerate so your full auto enemy cant get enough hits in the time you can make the shot and hide.

Again ...... its hard to judge without actually playing it. But I was just getting comfortable with buyimng the game on release day. that video makes me think more about waiting to see some more vids and see how players learn to exploit those little tricks.

they should just make a stupid game mode for quick scopers

^^I agree with that and it would be fun every now and then playing snipers only (better than the other gun games). QSing is not a problem (in any game modes). Playing with a sniper rifle is putting you at a disadvantge. If you think otherwise, then use one? The one or two hit kill marksman rifles with modded controllers (or hopefully a full auto attachment) will be the "better"/OP'd weapons to use. IMHO.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]. QSing is not a problem (in any game modes).

[/quote]

You know that from all the ffa you play? ........ or did you google it?

^^My bad, I thought every game mode was kill or be killed. I may have to Google it, because I didnt know snipers/QSers had invincible God mode auto aim in FFA. I just figured a dummy with a sniper rifle is the same in every mode. Bad spawns and CQC is FFA, amiriot?

^ ... well .... you said before a sniper rifle isnt effective because you cant cap with it, and there's nothing to cap in ffa.

But ffa is more of a race than anything. It doesnt matter how much dying you do, only that you can kill fast.

Can you do lethal damage before the enemy kills you?  And thats not necessarily meaning the one you are shooting at.. Can you get the kill before someone else puts the final shot on the guy to steal the kill? Can you kill the guy in front of you before the guy behind you kills you.

You'd be suprised how many semtex sticks you can get in ffa without a kill, just because someone else shot him before it exploded.

Its a race. And sniper rifles are like dragsters while everyone else are peddling bicycles.

And by the way ..... you said you expect the marksman class to be op because of modded controllers. Do modded controllers come with invinceable godmode autoaim now?