http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEn-oXjIz4Y&feature=player_embedded

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEn-oXjIz4Y&feature=player_embedded]

I've been playing hc mode and forgot all about those pesky qsers. They stay away when every weapon can kill in one shot.

I'm curious what blops2 will be like. They said with blops that qsing was cheap and werent going to cater to qser. But with ghost (or whatever perk is called ) not working unless you are moving, there will be no point in using a sniper rifle for actual sniping. It will be interesting to see just what they will be good for.

Yeah, I consider that pretty "cheap". No skill. What would the matches be like if everyone played that way? At least this person is runnin' and gunnin' instead of sitting in one spot.

By the way Orion, good to see you back! I most always enjoy your posts, even though you take some flak from some posters!

"At least this person is runnin' and gunnin' instead of sitting in one spot."

A person being able to run n gun with a sniper rifle IS the problem with qsing.  Sitting in one spot limits the number of targets for the most part, and even if he gets a lot of targets, I see that as ok, because after a couple kills becomes an easy target himself.

The problem is when someone takes a sniper rifle and can run into a crowd like he's using a ohk smg.

When it comes to the 2 topics of quick-scoping & camping, my opinion differs on both

-

I consider camping a touchy subject because although it can be annoying, sitting & waiting for your enemy is a valid tactic (in deathmatch game modes anyways) & has been used in nearly every single 1st-person shooter since the crouch & prone buttons became prominent. it may not win you the game, but it would certainly preserve their "oh-so precious" & completely meaningless k/d ratio if they happen to be very good at it. I for 1 do it very rarely, because i prefer to move from 1 location to another while staying close to cover & checking corners in the process - it's simply more exciting that way. Who might await me around the next corner? Will I get the jump on them or vice-versa?

-

However, when it comes to quick-scoping, IMO, there is no argument; it's WRONG. Now, I may get flack for saying that, but it's my opinion & I'm sticking with it because I still believe that it's taking advantage of a flaw within the game design that's not meant to be there. Most 1st-person video games make sniper rifles inaccurate  unless you use the scope, but also very powerful in terms of damage. This preserves the real-life concept & use of a sniper rifle while maintaining a sense of game balance. Thanks to Infinity Ward's flawed game design with the aim-assist & its arcade-style gameplay, players have learned to abuse the game & take advantage of this flaw, which in turn breaks the game balance, which in turn, also makes it no fun for others. If you know me, I'm wholly against anything that'll ruin the fun of others, especially if it's cheating, not playing by the rules, or not playing fair. I give props to Treyarch for taking steps to remove quick-scoping & preserve game balance for the fun of the majority of its fans while simultaneously giving those who like to quick-scope an in-game option to use a sniper rifle in close-range (iron-sight attachment). Since the game's not out yet, we'll have to wait & see if this method works well for everyone, but they're certainly off to a good start & I for 1, can't wait.

-

For all of you quick-scopers & campers out there, you're entitled to your own opinion as well & I respect that. However, I ask that if you're going to voice it, that you do so in a mature manner that has at least some sense of reasoning behind it... Also, you're probably not likely to change my stance on these issues anytime soon.

What gets me is how many people see quick scoping for what it is and yet IW keeps pretending that we want it in the game. Sure, they're are people who like it. There's also people who rob people instead of getting a job. It's a case of taking the easy way out........as I see it. It's  almosg like IW sits around a table, smoking cigars and are like "alright boys, time to crank out another cash cow to these stupid lepers" Rubbing their hands together and laughing diabolically.....lol. To me, it seems like 3ARC is actually a comapany of gamers with sensibility who actually care about COD. Its almost like they actually play test the game before releasing it. None of this QS nonsense with 800,000 different KSR's goin off every 5 seconds BS. I like MW3 for what it is (pure unadulterated fun) don't get me wrong. I just think 3ARC "gets it" better.

Absolutely disgusting.

what is it..as soon as they press aim it fires because of auto-aim and the chip on that pad..what it can do, the list is endless i mean a full adjustable quick scope plus all the other guns and he's sold about 270 and thats just one person, theres hundreds on there..treyarch is good when it comes to quick scoping..i/w on the other hand..i dont know its like iw cods are for kids and treyarchs are for the older generation.

I think call of duty needs to have anti modding perks.. Haha

I'd send this to IW...but they don't think quickscoping is a flaw of the game's mechanics.