Quick Questions

1. Does anyone still play this game online?

2. How is the online modes?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

C'mon buddy...LIVE A LITTLE!

Nothing risked, nothing gained.

Do your best and DON'T QUIT!

I play this game all the time. There are always at least 6000 people playing this game. It's a great strategy game that is not for the weak-minded or faint-of-heart. It has a fanatical following of core supporters. There are a couple of important unspoken rules:

1) Never quit a match.

2) Never start a match you aren't trying to win.

Come join us!

[quote user="techm4n"]

I have noticed that some players are able to reach higher tech levels with only two reactors, and acquire significant resources with only a few supply pads (two or three). Also they are able to have multiple leader capabilities, all of which allows a significant advantage, and assures certain loss to an adversary without such advantages.

I suppose that's what you were referring to when you suggest that one should "lose a ton at first?" Is this because of one's rank, or is there some add-on that would allow these capabilities?

[/quote]

reaching higher tech levels with two reactors depends on the map, or they might have advanced reactors

_

people who seem to have signifigant resources with few reactors just know how to manage supplies better

_

multiple leader powers = multiple leaders (2 v 2, 3 v 3)

_

There are no "add-ons" that supply an advantage and you don't get stuff as your rank

_

I said to expect to loose alot at first because you will suck most likely. You will need to develop strategies and good supply/unit management skills.

I have noticed that some players are able to reach higher tech levels with only two reactors, and acquire significant resources with only a few supply pads (two or three). Also they are able to have multiple leader capabilities, all of which allows a significant advantage, and assures certain loss to an adversary without such advantages.

I suppose that's what you were referring to when you suggest that one should "lose a ton at first?" Is this because of one's rank, or is there some add-on that would allow these capabilities?

The game still enjoys a healthy MP following. However as a forewarning, go in either with friends who know what they are doing, or just loose a ton at first. Don't expect to go in kicking butt. I know I wasn't any good till about colonel. Oh and don't be afraid to experiment with tactics at low levels in 3 v 3 randoms. Its the only way to know what works and what doesn't.

just practices & practices...first enjoys the game, second "don't surrender" you'll lose big points for that, destroyin' your own bases also loses huge points.! Enjoy the game of HALO WARS

I'm not gonna lie--I'm scared to go online!!

I've never played RTS' competitively, and I know I'd NEVER get General. I don't even have any strategies.

ONLINE IS THE BEST.......MY FAV IS DEATHMATCH...

Online is good and slightly addictive. Usually 3,000-5,000 players online at a time. If you like achievements, forewarning, to reach General will take a lot of online play. It is fun though and there's enough variety in playable characters to keep things interesting.