Quick Question;

Can someone tell me what I'll be missing out on if I just buy the normal $60 version of the game with no pre-orders or whatnot.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

in a quick summary heres what you get with all of the different editions:

"normal" edition at $59.99: the game. if you preorder from gamestop you get forest skin for your spartan*

limited edition at $99.99: the game AND a unique Spartan IV armor skin

a unique weapon skin for the Assault Rifle

an exclusive in-game emblem

an Xbox LIVE Avatar prop and a Spartan IV armor set for your avatar

a UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic and an introduction to the UNSC Infinity

and being able to say "ya, i got the limited edition man". if you preorder from gamestop you get forest skin for your spartan*

halo 4 console bundle at $399.99: a halo 4 skinned 320 gb xbox 360 slim with two wireless halo 4 skinned controllers + limited edition in all it's glory. if you preorder from gamestop you get forest skin for your spartan*

ya i preordered from gamestop. i traded 7 games to get minecraft and 4000 microsoft points and decided to preorder. looking forward to it. halo is my second fav series of all time. original 3 spyro games from 90s are my fav.

Spyro, really? Oh well, to each their own...

-

I will be getting Halo 4 for sure, but I have not pre-ordered it yet. Before this thread I only knew of the weapon skins you could get, but armor skins? That makes the limited edition the nail I'll be putting into my coffin (figuratively speaking, of course). However, this begs the question (since I'm "not in the know"), how do you get the additional weapon skins?

Gamestop will actually have 5 preorder bonus' for Halo 4. 1- 3 unique game emblems for PowerUp Rewards members when you preorder, 2- Forest armor skin, (last 3 are being voted upon) 3- Artic weapon skin for BR, 4 & 5 to be announced and voted upon.

[quote user="TheAlliedSxhr"]halo 4 console bundle at $399.99: a halo 4 skinned 320 gb xbox 360 slim with two wireless halo 4 skinned controllers + limited edition in all it's glory. if you preorder from gamestop you get forest skin for your spartan*[/quote]From what I've read, this is not true.

@Isaac You're correct, you do not get the Limited Edition. You only get a standard edition of the Game. With the Console you do however get a lot more little goodies and bits which are different to the Limited Edition

[quote user="x 3X7iiNC7iiON"]With the Console you do however get a lot more little goodies and bits which are different to the Limited Edition[/quote]Not really. Limited Edition players get access to all of the armor mods from the get go while everyone else has to wait until 343 says we can use them. All the stuff that comes with the console is purely cosmetic and has no effect on the gameplay.