quick question about the arena...

i'm starting to play more games in the arena and i'm starting to like it, i got a rating of 1501 today. anyways my question is if i keep my rating above 1500 will i get into the silver division? that's what i'm aiming for. also how many days do you need to play to get assigned to a division? i've been playing for about four days now. (also can you rank up you division after you've been assigned to one) thanks in advance, peace.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I don't know entirely how Arena works, but you need to be ranked during 5 days of the season to earn a division ranking. And yes, you can rank up and down in your division. I played this season of Arena and was ranked in the Onyx division. After not playing for a day or two I went down to the gold division. It's not about individual rating anymore though. They base it off wins. Honestly, I just know very basic details. I'm sure someone else on this forum can give/link you to a more direct, detailed answer.

Arena Is all Win/lose now.

Bad Kids can get into %1 Oxny if they play with team mates who carry them. A guy with a 0.10 K/D can get Into Oxny

As Speedy said. I wish it was more of a combination though, because I've actually been getting rated pretty good this season as well as doing decent in the wins.

I had a guy top 65% Onyx on my team last night, and he had 50% wins and a 1.30 k/d for the season. The only reason he was in Onyx was because he'd played almost 250 games already. I was having a bad game and couldn't get much going until the end, and all throughout the game he kept telling me to stop dying. Looking at the final carnage report, he died more than me. Stupid people.

[quote user="NotoriousMUNK3Y"]

i'm starting to play more games in the arena and i'm starting to like it, i got a rating of 1501 today. anyways my question is if i keep my rating above 1500 will i get into the silver division? that's what i'm aiming for. also how many days do you need to play to get assigned to a division? i've been playing for about four days now. (also can you rank up you division after you've been assigned to one) thanks in advance, peace.

[/quote]

I'll keep this short and sweet for you! 

The Daily Rating by itself doesn't mean anything. It all depends on how good your opponents are. Just keep winning and don't worry about that too much. 

5 days rated for a Division. 

You can advance your Division Rank by playing and winning! 

ok then, idk though. i had a pretty bad day today and i got ranked 1109 in the silver division (top 80 percent) would i have gotten higher if i got a better rating? that being said I lost most of the games that day.

[quote user="NotoriousMUNK3Y"]

ok then, idk though. i had a pretty bad day today and i got ranked 1109 in the silver division (top 80 percent) would i have gotten higher if i got a better rating? that being said I lost most of the games that day.

[/quote]

It's all based off of Wins and Losses, not on your Individual skill. (It used to be based off of how well you performed yourself)

That's better than I started off at... Damn Bronze. I worked my way up to Gold in a matter of 15 games or so though. Just stick with good teammates when you get them and just keep winning!

Actually the lower the percentage the better. If you are 80% silver that mean 80% of the people silver division. If you are 1% it means that only 1% of people get this percentage. I dont where I got this from but know it is from bungie.net forums. Maybe you should check the FAQ on that website.

yeah Drew, thats what i meant by higher lol. and i see what you mean matt, i'll keep on doing so. or at least trying to do so.