Questions/thoughts about shotguns

So I heard that the shotguns in mw3 are not as good as they were in mw2.  Now that they are a primary weapon again, I think it would be silly if they were nerfed.  I don't want to see the super range 1887's, but something along the line of the spas in mw2 is worthy of a primary.  The ability to have shotguns as a secondary is a little overpowered, especially with how good they were in mw2.  i.e. Spas, dual rangers, early 1887's.  The striker was the only shotgun that wasn't awesome to use.

Can you use more than one weapon proficiency at a time?  

Has anyone else heard anything about shotguns in mw3?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think they'll be reasonably powered.. if anything, they should do something about the pistols. It seems that they're almost always completely worthless in CoD.

Agreed. I've used only the Spas so far and have to say I am disappointed nothing like the Spas in MW2

I played for about three hours yesterday and I don't think I saw one shotgun.

In mw2 i rocked The AA-12's nearly exclusively. I'm hoping to do the same again if they're not to restricted. These are so much fun to use. And you know people cry when they get creamed by a fully auto shotty!

Shotguns will probably be fine.  They were fine in cod4 as primary weapons and I don't see how they can *** them up.

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

I think they'll be reasonably powered.. if anything, they should do something about the pistols. It seems that they're almost always completely worthless in CoD.

[/quote]

Handguns FTW!!!

even with the range proficiency?

I heard it wasn't really the range, it was the damage that was the issue.  They said shooting the spas was like sneezing on someone.

[quote user="Attachtatuk"]

even with the range proficiency?

[/quote]This with Steady Aim should make shotguns very nice to use.

Bet people are still gonna camp in corners with shotguns though