Questions

So I am thinking of going to pick this game up on my lunch break, but I have a few questions. I played the sh*t out of Saints Row and Saints Row 2 when they came out. Got every achievement in them and put in 250+ hours in each. This one has me a bit worried though for some reason.

-

1) Does it feel the same as the prevoius Saints games?

-

2) Is the driving a little more realistic?

-

3) How is the story? Same as the other Saints games, or is it different (and how)?

-

4) What do you think of the game? Is there a lot to do in it other then the main story?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well you will Want to play the story twice you are going for achievements or just want to see what happens if you choose option A instead of B or vise versa.  Driving more Realistic? come on its saints row :) if you want realistic driving go play forza. Story feels shorter but meh lots of fun.  Totally worth it and so much better than Call of duty MW3

By "realistic" driving, I mean better than Saints 1,2. The gameplay I saw seemed a lot better. I didn't like the driving too much in the first 2. I will be picking it up to day, seeing that my Gamestop has them (they didn't even have enough yesterday for the pre-order people).

[quote user="Anthonymrb"]

By "realistic" driving, I mean better than Saints 1,2. The gameplay I saw seemed a lot better. I didn't like the driving too much in the first 2. I will be picking it up to day, seeing that my Gamestop has them (they didn't even have enough yesterday for the pre-order people).

[/quote]

I dont exactly remember the Driving in 1 but it's at least on par with 2 maybe better. Great game and my personal GOTY ( Skyrim is Fun but i Love Saints row)

Well, all 9 Gamestops are sold out here :( Guess I will get it online. Lol Thank for answering my questions!

1) Yes, it feels like the other games in the series, but more over the top. 2) IMO the driving is better in SR3 than it was in the previous games. 3) The story is extremely absurd, but in a good way. 4) I'm enjoying the hell out of this game so far. It's taken everything that was good in Saints Row/2, streamlined and simplified it, and upped the craziness of it all. The game no longer requires respect to do missions, the new upgrade feature is a nice addition, and the graphics have been improved (although still not as polished or as good as most AAA games).

I find the driving much better than SR2. When you collide with another vehicle, you don't go flying in the air.

i didn't like that the changed the way u do the activities and thought the driving was worse but still think this game is better or as good as the other 2.

I really hate how they changed chopshop it used to be u just have to get the car but now u have have to get an exact version the guy wants.

Just ordered it online, with overnight shipping. Should be at my house by the time I am off work tomorrow, and I just foind out tomorrow is Friday. Lol :)

I think JaRizz, the Chop Shop in SRTT is the same as the Vehicle Hijacking in GTAIV. Brucie sends you emails for specific cars you have to get, so I think Volition went with a 'tip of the hat' towards GTA with this.

Driving in SR3 is vastly improved from SR2...you actually use the triggers for gas/brake (like most normal driving games) instead of the goofy setup with the A/X buttons.

I'm disappointed that you can't interact with your environment nearly as much as you could in SR2.  You used to be able to pick up just about anything and use it to beat the snot out of anyone you wanted...trash bags, traffic cones, parking meters, etc.  I haven't seen anything like that so far in SR3.

You also don't seem to be able to jump up onto things as easily as you could in 2.  I was doing an assassination mission near the airport, and dropped about 5 or 6 feet down onto a ledge.  When I turned around and tried to climb back up, my guy just jumped but wouldn't grab on and pull himself up, even though it was clearly reachable.  I've noticed this on several low-lying areas like fences/boxes/etc. that wouldn't have been a problem in 2, but in 3 they are seemingly impassible.

People that you walk by in the street also don't seem as talkative or "alive" as they did in 2.  I put in probably about 60 or 70 hours into 2, and I was still hearing new things that made me laugh.  Maybe I just need to play 3 some more, but I'm not getting that same impression so far.

Still, there's a lot of good stuff in the game, and overall I'm still having a blast with it.  If you liked the last one at all, you'll more than likely get a kick (in the nuts, of course) out of this one too. ;)