questions on playing game from HD and clearing cache on xbox

I was checking on the support forums about deleting the cache and it doesn't mention saved games. I'm not saying it doesn't delete them, just a BIG ommision if it does. See link; http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache

I've read where some of you have loaded the game onto your HD and are playing it from there. Can you give me some details on this? Benefits, how to...things like that.

I'm real new to the xbox and newer consoles so I have a lot of questions.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Clearing your cache does not delete your savegames, no.

You generally do it to clear patches from your games, which means that when you start up the game next, you'll be prompted to download them again. That's a minor point though, takes a few seconds to get past it.

You'll be safe to do it whenever.

If you want to install the game, then here we go: if you have a game running at the moment, you can save it (Skyrim, for example), press the Guide button (big silver one between Start and Back), then press Y to go to the dashboard.

At the dashboard you will see a square for Skyrim. Instead of pressing A to start Skyrim, press Y to bring options for the game up. Install Game will pop up there in a few seconds and you can simply install it. The console runs more quietly with less strain on the laser/disk drive with minimal risk to your disk, too.

It also helps with loading times and generally smooths a game's performance, although some people say Skyrim is worse installed. You'll have to judge that depending on how your game runs.

I'd be happy to answer any more of your questions, if I see any more, but I hope that's fine for what you've asked so far.

Yep, that does it. I'll save it on the drive today. By the way, I saw you on Halo and sent a friend request.

Thank you

Ive never had a problem with skyrim installed. i install everygame im playing, i know the "red ring" problem seems to hjave died down with newer xboxes, but ive found installing to be the best way to give my console life. and id reccomend installing skyrim as it is loading 100% of the time when you are in the open world.

@ chaninsmokingbob.  This has got to be the most helpful post I have seen in a while.  It's refreshing to see that not all Live users are just itching to flame someone for asking a simple question.  Stay cool "Bob".

"Yep, that does it. I'll save it on the drive today. By the way, I saw you on Halo and sent a friend request.

Thank you"

No worries man, I was wondering who you were until I'd seen this post. All good though, I've made a few friends with people I reckon are good dudes here so far.

I'd also be happy to help with anything else if I'm on. Good luck getting used to everything though, nice to have a new player join us and so on : )

"@ chaninsmokingbob.  This has got to be the most helpful post I have seen in a while.  It's refreshing to see that not all Live users are just itching to flame someone for asking a simple question.  Stay cool "Bob"."

No worries man, cheers dude. I'm certainly not the most helpful or nicest around, but why attack someone with genuine questions? You stay cool too man.

You're right and thanks again Bob. Was Canibus really his name???