Question's About Moving to a New Country.

So, I moved to Canada from the United States about a week ago and just today I was trying to change my country on my XBL account, but with a little looking around I saw that you could not do this (Unless you live in one of the country's where XBL has just become available)The only "official" answer to this problem I found was to create a new account, but I've had this account for six years, going back to the original xbox, with all those saved games and achievements to my account, this really isn't an option for me, but I've heard many things and many different ways to get around this. I'd like to see if someone who has experienced this could shed some light on the subject.

Will XBL gold membership cards from Canada work with my American account? And Would XBL points cards from Canada work on my US account?

I've also heard you could create a Canadian silver account, add a credit card to it and make purchases with it, so your US account can use that content. Does this really work? And if it does are there any limitations? Something like my US account can't earn achievements in arcade games, or certain DLC won't work etc.

I've changed the country on my console to Canada, When people look at my profile it says Canada, and in games like SSF4:AE and MvC3 the flag by my GT has changed to a Canadian flag. Then why is it not  so easy to just change the country on my billing information on my account? Is microsoft able to do this, but not willing? If so why not? And has anyone managed to complain enough to xbox support to get them to change it for you? Or is it some sort of technical limitation? 

And why would Microsoft not think that people would move to a different country? After all, I just want to give them more money!  

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

yes or you can use amazon.com's digital service

(make sure you are buying US ms points)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this is one thing they need to fix ASAP.... let me change my god damn region, so i can use my credit card you lazy bastards.

Sorry this didn't help.

1 membership cards are compatible with all regions generally you may still find some are region locked generally you want to create an account that reflects your new region

2 all ms points cards are region locked to the region they were purchased in and can only be redeemed in the account with the correct region

3 yes however US specific content cannot be accessed while in canada you will need a canadian gold account to access canadian netflix as canadian netflix is not availble to us accounts nor is US netflix allowed in canada

4th only US billing info will work on a US account

you must create a Canadian account to use Canadain billing info

mostly to prevent fraud

Sorry this didn't help.

So if I got one of my friends in the states to buy a points card and email me the code, that should work on my US account. I think I'll try that out, and maybe make that Canadian silver account, after all I don't really use Netflix and stuff like that anyways. Anyways, thanks for answering my questions!

Sorry this didn't help.