Question.

Hey guys, I'm so sorry if this is the wrong place, but I can't find anywhere else to ask this, and I have a quick question: I've looked at the xbox support forum and I can't seem to find anywhere I can ask about the messaging system, like how it works and what features are available to me and what I can and can't do. Please help? And in the future where can I go for questions like this so I don't spam the forums? Thanks so much.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

well its in the support forums forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx, perhaps you can ask your question and maybe i can help provide what you're exactly looking for?

I looked there, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Anyway, my question is: is it possible to save messages you receive on xbox live so that they won't expire?

Remember always log in to your windows live ID regularly and never wait 90 days between signing in.

I don't think you can. You can try viewing you messages on your computer and taking a screen pic where it takes a picture of your entire monitor.

You aren't able to save messages. All messages will expire 30 days from when you receive the message. If you need to save something, then I would suggest viewing your messages here on Xbox.com, and taking a screenshot of it, as Mr Jer Bear stated.

(You can view your messages on Xbox.com by clicking the gray envelope icon next to your account information.)

This is one of the things I had suggested in the old wishlist section of the forums. That, as well as being able to see "SENT" messages. I think it would be nice if they made the messaging system for the xbox a little bit more like one for an email (inbox, outbox, saved messages, etc). Obviously not EVERYONE would like this idea (I'm sure someone out there would complain about SOMETHING to do with it), but it seems to me like a simple change that would allow a little more control to the community (and that's a plus, imo).

Thank you. Yeah, the reason I ask is because I got a message back from my favourite editor on gamespot, but I guess it'll be cool just knowing they replied. :/

Remember always log in to your windows live ID regularly and never wait 90 days between signing in.

Something i wish they would do, allow a hellva lot more characters than they currently do.  Nothing worse than having to send two separate messages just because you want to add 3 or 4 other words.

That would be cool if you could C your outbox as well as save your messages.

@ OP, view messages and print screen and paste to paint there you go.