Question regarding Tivo with activated cablecard, but no subscription...

As you know, or if you don't already, you can install a cablecard in your tivo, have your provider activate it and receive all your channels. However, if you do not care for the DVR functionality, you do not have to subscribe to the tivo service. This will allow you to use your tivo box as your cable box and you can avoid rental fees. The only negative thing is that without subscription, Tivo won't allow you to use the channel guide either. 

I think you know where I'm going with this. :) If such a tivo is hooked up to the One through the pass-through, and of course subscribe to Live membership, will we be able to get the OneGuide? If anyone has tried this, please shed some light. I'm very curious about this.

If the answer is yes, then it would be awesome if Xbox adds DVR functionality. You would never have to pay for Tivo service again, just buy their set-top boxes and rent the cable card. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Yes to the OneGuide. No to the DVR. The DVR has been a request and is being looked into. Hope that helps!

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.