Question regarding the Genesis DLC.

I know it allows you to choose major choices that would benefit you in Mass Effect3 but what about the small stuff? Like saving Wrex for an example.

If you kill Wrex then his brother Urdnot Wreav takes over but is still somewhat loyal to you because you destroyed the cloning facility preventing the Krogan race from being slaves to Saron.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well for one thing I would not consider  saving Wrex small stuff. If you had play ME1 it takes a good amount of Paragon or renegade to talk him down. as for the DLC Genesis it pretty much lets you make all the big key choices in ME1 (Ex: saving or killing the Rachni Queen, saving or killing Wrex and so on.) but that's bout it  i think but i don't know for sure. look at one of the other threads that is about  Genesis I put up a you-tube video about Genesis should help you out.

You get to make six choices in Genesis, one of which is whether Wrex is killed or not. That is considered a big choice.

Who was the love interest, did you kill the Rachni Queen, did Wrex die, did you leave Ashley or Kaidan behind, what happened to the council and lastly who you picked as the human council member.

To be honest if you have the option of playing the first game but choose to use Genesis instead, then you are doing yourself a disservice.

It seems to me  that the number one Choice of topics  in ME2  forum is about the Genesis DLC I don't know about you voteDC but im getting a little tired about seeing  threads like this  lol

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

It seems to me  that the number one Choice of topics  in ME2  forum is about the Genesis DLC I don't know about you voteDC but im getting a little tired about seeing  threads like this  lol

[/quote]

I apologize.

nah its cool as long as there's a thread that I can give advice on I will

It's always worth asking a question. We might insult you a little but we'll also give the answer. 

[quote user="voteDC"]

You get to make six choices in Genesis, one of which is whether Wrex is killed or not. That is considered a big choice.

Who was the love interest, did you kill the Rachni Queen, did Wrex die, did you leave Ashley or Kaidan behind, what happened to the council and lastly who you picked as the human council member.

To be honest if you have the option of playing the first game but choose to use Genesis instead, then you are doing yourself a disservice.

[/quote]

I nearly bought this the other night and am glad I didnt now. I thought you may have got to make choices around the characters that can be brought through to ME2.  Like Helena Blake, Conrad Verner, etc etc.    Personally, I feel its more like 5 choices, as you can change your mind at the start of ME2, about who you chose as councillor anyway.  Bit of a waste of time really.  I suppose its worth it for for people who haven't played ME1, but not to anybody else.

There is an amazing amount of stuff left out of the Genesis DLC.

Feros isn't even in it and the Geth are hardly mentioned, which is shocking considering they were the main enemies.

Don't get me wrong, for the PS3 I can really see the attraction of this piece of DLC. After all they got the ability to shape their game somewhat from the default storyline, which to be honest seemed to be Renegade.

The problem for me is that Mass Effect is far more than just the 'big' choices. I tried playing with the default story once in the second game and it just felt so empty and devoid of life. It made it feel even more of a third person shooter and to me that isn't a good thing.

I completely agree with you.  I remember thinking (on the one occasion I did the default) when speaking with Wreave, jees, this is god awful. So I suppose those not playing ME1 and using this, can at least get Wrex.  

I know BW go to great lengths to let people jump into the series with either game, but agree with your point above, that you are doing yourself a disservice if you can play ME1 but choose not to.

Finally, as you rightly say, as the Geth are the main enemy, pretty much through the entire game, its quite shocking that they are barely mentioned. Even more so, considering Miranda and the SR1 crew refer to them on several occasions at the start of ME2.  What's that all about?

My only problem with this DLC is that i didn't get to chose to save or kill the asari on feros and the one on virmire. Sorry for being vague but i can' t remember their names right now.