question regarding marketplace games on demand....

because my optical player built in to my xbox failed because of the update, i am considering never buying retail versions of games ever again. what i want to know is how long does it take before on demand versions of retail games become available? that way i know how long i'm going to have to wait to get a game...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

help a guy out here, please

If you mean your optical disc drive stopped working because of the update I thought they had been identifying which consoles were going to be affected through Live and were offering free console replacement.

yes and the next time my optical disc drive fails i'm going to have to pay money to fix it. i'd much rather put off that evil day as long as possible by having all my games stored on the hard drive. that way i dont have to keep switching out games every time i feel like playing a different game...

Depending on how much games you buy, buying games from stores over GoD can eventually save you enough money to buy a new console.

Alternately, you can get a PS3.

I've had my 360 for ages though and no RROD yet.  It's a bit dubious if you have to pay MS again because they broke it.

And to answer your original question, there is no set amount of time that a game is added to Game on Demand or if it will even be added to the service. Plus, if something were to happen to your account, you'll lose the game.

like being banned? lol i see what you mean

Not just being banned. Just if anything in general happens and you can't use your account anymore, you'd have to rebuy it.

hmmm i fail to think of anything other than being perma banned that would prevent me from recovering my account on another xbox or even the same xbox...unless there's something i haven't thought of...

I know it's not likely but it is possible, you can forget your user email or password.

There are no guarantees when/if a game will be added to GoD.