!Question re: Duplicate Upgrades

I noticed that when I approached a shop, I can sell my upgrades.  My question is, if I have more than one of the same upgrade - are these dupes... or compounded?  An example:

Recoil Damper II - According to my upgrades interface, this adds +12% weapon stability.  If I've acquired x3 of these Recoil Damper II, does that mean I've increased my weapon stability by 36%, or is each acquisition only available once - and therefore I can sell the "duplicates" and get paid?

thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Every entry in the inventory is a single item. So if you see five Cryo-Rounds iV listed then you have five of that item.

-

Only upgrades that are equipped to your weapon will affect it.

-

You are better off converting excess items to Omni-Gel, it'll prove more useful as you go on.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Every entry in the inventory is a single item. So if you see five Cryo-Rounds iV listed then you have five of that item.

-

-

You are better off converting excess items to Omni-Gel, it'll prove more useful as you go on.

[/quote]

Thanks.  I noticed that all upgrades are equipped by default (since the only option in Equipment is "Uninstall Upgrade").  So, to clarify - once an upgrade is equipped, that's it for that upgrade, right?  If I have Cryo-Rounds iV - that means "the fifth upgrade for Cryo Rounds" and therefore can only be equipped to the weapon once, and I can sell off all other CR-IV's that i have?

[quote user="Jameson773"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

-

-

[/quote]

Thanks.  I noticed that all upgrades are equipped by default (since the only option in Equipment is "Uninstall Upgrade").  So, to clarify - once an upgrade is equipped, that's it for that upgrade, right?  If I have Cryo-Rounds iV - that means "the fifth upgrade for Cryo Rounds" and therefore can only be equipped to the weapon once, and I can sell off all other CR-IV's that i have?

[/quote]

I've got "stimulant pack III" so I went ahead and converted other additional SP-III's, as well as SP-II and SP-I to gel so I can fix my ride.  Is that the right idea?

Upgrades are not equipped by default. To equip an upgrade go to the Equipment screen, scroll left or right to pick a weapon or your armour and press X. Move to the upgrade you want and press A to lock it into place.

-

You can tell if anything is equipped because its icon will appear on the top left under "Equipped Item."

-

Once an upgrade or ammo is equipped you can sell of any dupes you have, though it wise to keep some extras in order to upgrade your squad. Then when they've been upgraded, which can be done at the lockers next to Ashley and Wrex, you should sell or convert the extras to Omni-Gel.

-

Omni-Gel is used to repair the Mako, as well as bypass locks or terminals you may come across. It's a very useful thing to have.

-

Also on a side note, make sure to keep Cryo-Rounds. They will eventually 'update' to Snowblind Rounds which are next to useless.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Upgrades are not equipped by default. To equip an upgrade go to the Equipment screen, scroll left or right to pick a weapon or your armour and press X. Move to the upgrade you want and press A to lock it into place.

[/quote]

I see - it appears I have 1 armor upgrade, then 1 weapon + 1 ammo at a time that I can choose to insert into the appropriate slots...  Thanks

You get more upgrade slots as you get better equipment. Two for armour, then a ammo and two mods slots for your weapons.