Question on sharing addon content across multiple consoles

My first question that was answered here
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/41002.aspx

informed me that if two consoles are involved with downloading content, the first console has the 'console' rights to the content and can play online or offline xbox live. But the gamertag that purchased the content has the full rights, but can only play the content online. Unless the DRM tool is run or whatever that sucks all content to one console and the gamertag that initiated and purchased the download

Following me so far? great

Ok, with that answered, we decided to 'share' the 3 addons for Blackops. I figured I would download my profile to his console and purchase the 3 addons for around 3600 MS points, which would give him the offline, and online licence. Then I would drive home and re-download my profile, and the content I bought over his house giving me only the online option but I could still play the content.

Well, we are under the 'family' plan to save money, which he initiated. So now  I cannot use my creditcard to purchase anything. He has to use his, and filter the points to me. So this is what we did

He used his creditcard and bought 4000 microsoft points. He transferred to my account 3600. I went to his home and downloaded my profile. I am in the process of downloading the 3 map packs. When that is done, I am going home to recover my gamertag, and downloading the content again.

He will have offline/online rights

I will have only online rights

BUT, when I eventually split from this 'family plan' (which is being more of a pain in the @@@ for the 20$ we save per year), will my account still have the legal rights to the black ops content regardless of where the points came from (the 'allowence' from the family plan)? I have no interest in using the digital rights transfer tool any time soon as I always had xbox live on and running. we both do. If we are in a game, and xbox live disconnects for whatever reason we make sure to log in (its to time stamp our achievements)

Hope this all makes sense. And this sharing of content saves us a ton of money because we invested endless amounts of money into xbox live. He has a 98,000 or so gamerscore and I am about 23-24000 or more I think.

WIll this method blow anything up?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

The family plan doesn't have anything to do with the licensing of content. So leaving the plan will do nothing to the licenses.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.