Question on Sensitivity

I've got a question for ya'll on the aim sensitivity. I've been playing COD games for a long time now, so I'm not new at this or anything like that. But I will say this, I've been using the original sensitivity setting on every Call of Duty game I've ever played, up to this point. (I think anyway).

I've never had an issue with it, I have a pretty solid K/D ratio over 2.15 when I play on my account. So, is higher sensitivity really better? I tried turning it up a few times, but I have always found that I have trouble with it and can't really keep myself aimed in on things too easily. It's like I bobble the scope or sights around before I can actually manage to hit someone when the sensitivity is high. Is this something that will make it easier to get kills and complete objectives? Should I stick with what I've been using since I first started playing COD3? Or should I stick with it and try to keep using the higher sensitivity?

In other words, is it just something that takes some time getting used to?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Practice is key. I'm more comfortable on lower settings because my fingers are jerk-y. Most like higher because of the quick turn-around time but if you can't aim at a guy and can't kill him turning around doesn't matter much. Majority of the community uses 3-4

Personal preference, it's only better if you can handle it.  And I don't say that condescendingly, I play on 3 myself.  Just up it one notch at a time.  If you don't like it, go back.

Well, I don't think I can do the high. But everyone jocks on me because I use 3. Then again, they jock on me, but I always out perform them. I might keep trying though. I was just wondering if it actually helps or not. Thanks!

Personal choice. I like low to medium settings like 3.

**FACT**If your sensitivity is not at least 9. You are no good.

The only reason I changed mine was because I just started using sniper rifles.  With it set to two, I noticed (depending on their distance and route) once zoomed in I had trouble keeping up with someone running full speed.  With it set to three-four, it seems to keep up a lot better.  

Does sensitivity level affect chopper gunner performance? Mine is set at 6, and I've noticed I seem to turn very slowly when manning the gun. Thoughts?

My left thumbstick is broken so I have to re-correct constantly, so I have other issues at the moment. I kind of prefer 2 especially after a few beers.  

Whether it's CoD or Halo, or anything from the first person view that uses a number system, I always play on 8. I myself used to play on 4 a couple years back, but I noticed a majority of people I played with/against used high sensitivities. I tried it myself at first, was a little sketchy. The saying is true, though: "Practice makes perfect." 8 always feels right for me now.

insane gives you an advantage once you master it