Question concerning Content licences between profiles...

Ok. So, when I was using my old Live account ( OmegaSupreme87 ) I down loaded the content for Borderlands. So now the content is on my console and able to be used. But, I recently just promoted my offline account to use it as my fulltime Online profile for gaming and whatnot. (MasterGrimlock) While playing Borderlands online, I could not access the content. Is this because it belongs to another online profile on the same console and the content license is not mine? If so, how do I move the licenses to the ownership of MasterGrimlock? Because I do not plan to use OmegaSupreme87 any longer, I wish for the content licenses to be transfered to my new profile. What process can I persue to make this happen?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

So long as the content is on the console that it was originally downloaded to it should be available to all gamertags on that console.  Is the old account still valid or was it banned?  If it was, that is the only reason I can see that you would not be able to access the content.

As for transferring the licenses to the new account, unfortunately that is not allowed.  You would have to repurchase the content under the new account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

!!! so i would have to pay for the content all over again??? ............ balls.

Sorry this didn't help.

only if you want to link it to the new profile

otherwise just sign in and redownload using the original purchasing gamertag after you drm transfer

if you were permanately banned then you forfeit all rights to that content

live life and play fair

Sorry this didn't help.

lol no never been banned. just not using the profile that bought the content. Hmmm..... well if i buy the content all over again, should i just delete the original content and replace it with the new (yet same) items?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an idea.  If that account has never been banned, log in and do a license transfer for the console

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Then redownload the content from that gamertags download history.  This should unlock the content for you.

If it doesn't work, then I would suggest you speak with support on Twitter (@xboxsupport) to help you solve the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.