Question about Xbox Originals

First off, I was wondering if anyone knows if StarWars Kotor 2 works on the 360?  Secondly, for the originals where it says it wont work, you need to download something, what exactly do you do? Because I plan on picking this game up again and want to be able to play it along with a couple other originals I held onto. If anyone can shed some light on the subject it wouldd be appreciated

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As long as they haven't changed anything since the last time I did this, this is what you need to do:

1. Go to the Xbox site and there should be a section for how to play original xbox games on the 360. It should be called backwards compatibility
  2. In order to play these, your xbox has to be updated. This can be done by finding the afformentioned section on the xbox website and downloading whatever they tell you to.
  3. Once you have downloaded it, it has to be unzipped (right click it and move it to an unzipped folder). From there, you can move that to a blank disc which can then be run in the Xbox.

Once again, that is from the last time I did it years ago. There should be more in-depth instructions on the site.

It's a little different now. Here's all you need to know about playing xbox originals - forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx

Ok I looked on the list and I think it said Star Wars Kotor 2 could be played, there was one no but I don't know what that stood for. I also looked over the forum for the xbox originals and I didn't understand what it said to do... It seemed that if it didn't play than it didnt work?

Even if games are compatible with the 360, they are poorly emulated and sometimes even unplayable.

Yeah I heard that too, is it worth it?

Depends if you really want to play the game or not, it's up to you to decide.

It plays fine on my xbox slim

Depends on title.

I was playing KOTOR 1 and I've encountered horrible framerate issues, often causing freezes of up to 2-3 seconds.

The no you saw, just means it can't be played if it's a Japanese region NTSC disc.