Question About The First DLC

Hey all was wondering if the 3 new maps from the first batch of DLC coming out on Tuesday will be able to played in a private match?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a question as well, in this video it says "Onyx Theron," how come we've heard nothing about this? [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2SONIenFs]

It's on the players list before the match starts on obviously, the Locust side.

Yes, the maps will be playable in privately hosted matches. They will not be available in public matchmaking upon release, but Epic is working to format the servers, so they SHOULD eventually be available in public games.

As for the Onyx Theron, I have no clue. What I DO know, however, is that the Theron Sentinel often occurs as a bot yet is not (currently) a playable character.

OK great because I play alot of Private Matchmaking.

Maybe it's a player model unlocked when RAAM's shadow arrives.

[quote user="IF JESUS PLAYED"]

Maybe it's a player model unlocked when RAAM's shadow arrives.

[/quote]

You know, that's a pretty good guess! Did you get to see it in the video? I'm too lazy to look.

What I'm wondering is that from the video link how that person has the DLC already......? Gosh Epic, Disc-locked content is almost just as bad as Mortal Kombat, i.e. Netherealm Studios', attempt of character packs that dont distinguish between "in-game" and "marketplace" purchases.  *facepalm*

the guy in that video modded his disc to have the maps unlocked. back on topic it is epics fault for locking content in like that that people get it without paying for it.

Thats my point exactly, it should have been just regular DLC that has to be purchased via the license from the marketplace as almost every other game does, either with or without a discount from the season pass.

[quote user="KeepersWay"]

the guy in that video modded his disc to have the maps unlocked. back on topic it is Microsoft's fault for locking content in like that that people get it without paying for it.

[/quote]Fixed for accuracy. Microsoft controls pricing for XBLM content. Of course, a little 'persuasion' can help sway things in the dev's favor (i.e. Valve & the Portal 2 DLC pack), but since Microsoft has publishing rights to this particular game they have the final say as to what goes where. 

I won't be buying the DLC until it's able to be played to be played in public matches!