question about the bonus stuff from gamestop preorder

in addition to the other stuff it says this...

• Physical Warfare Pack!

Pre-Order Battlefield 3 with GameStop to receive the exclusive Physical Warfare Pack!

DAO-12 Shotgun
Flash Suppressor
Type 88 LMG
Flachette Ammo

I'm a Battlefield noob, this will be my first one, so i dont understand how this works, are these things you'd usually unlock later in the game? or is it exclusive to only those who pre-ordered it and no one else will have it?

thx for any help

boats

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Usually, it's just day 1 access gear that you would unlock normally after so long. It'll also be available as DLC later more than likely, as do all pre-order bonuses soon enough especially when it's different things from different retailers. I only pre-ordered to ensure a copy for myself when I go to pick it up on the 25th. The bonuses are just that; bonuses.

same here as far as the pre-ordering goes, just seems like i've always gotten some lame poster or crap like that, not actual in game content. So i didnt know how it actually worked.

thx for the info

boats

No problem. Just look at the new Mortal Kombat. Different 'klassic' outfits per retailer and everyone got in a fuss about it without thinking. Couple months later, they released them all and then some as DLC. I do find it hilarious when I see the codes up on eBay for ungodly amounts of money, though.

Oh, and as side-note: If you're picking the game up in-store, save your receipt. The code's going to printed on it so you won't want to lose it, if you're getting it from GameStop. Not sure how other places handle it, but it shouldn't be too different.

hopefully mine also comes with a godmode code, cuz i'm gonna suck playing against all the Battlefield vets lol

Haha, just be patient and you'll learn it quickly, I'm sure. Just play as a team and work with your squad and teammates and it should be fine!

Physical Warfare Pack will be a timed exclusive. It will be released later on.

I believe the Specat bonus will be the same. Only the dogtag bonus will be truly exclusive.

From what  I heard, I think DICE said even the dogtags will become available eventually. The pre-orders are just timed exclusives, like you said. For how long? That's up to DICE. Could be I misread or it something, but it seems like all of them will be DLC soon enough.

I live in UK so i dont know about Gamestop but i thought i read somewhere that if you pre-order the physical warfare pack it contained early access to some extra maps that will later become available for everyone.could be wrong though.

Physical Warfare pack are not the maps. The map pack DLC is the Strike at Karkand bonus that comes with all LE versions of the game. The PW pack contains two weapons, an ammo selection, and flash suppressor with it. The map pack will become available for those that don't get the LE version pretty shortly after, from what I understand (possibly day 1, just have to pay for it), while the PW pack might be a month or so after before it becomes DLC for everyone.

From what I've heard, all of the "bonuses" will be free later on.