Question about "Limited" Edition.

• Four legendary maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqui Peninsula. Combined, these maps have accumulated over 25,000 years of play-time.
  • Ten iconic Battlefield 2 weapons reworked with the Frostbite 2 Engine.
  • Four brand new vehicles.
  • Unique rewards, Achievements/Trophies, and more.
Will I not get any of that if I don't pre-order?  Or will the limited edition be available after launch?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

My bet is that you can pick up the Limited Edition after launch. EA's Limited Edition is not so limited. After BC2 launched, I found some Limited Editions 5 months later at a BestBuy.

^^ Just as he said. However as DICE have comfirmed that BF3 needs a online pass, the content will more likely tied into the pass code or a secound code, you will still need a new copy of BF3 LE to access Back To Karkand Map Pack.

I doubt they'll be tied to the online pass code. It's an expansion you purchase if you don't manage to get the LE of the game. If they do tie it in, I wonder how much extra they'll be asking for other people who don't manage to snag a copy of LE.

^^Whatever DICE as planed to allow you to download the Expansion, you will still need a new copy and redeem code. If you dont get a LE copy then its more then likely you will be able to buy it for about 800-1200MSP a mouth or so after launch.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

I doubt they'll be tied to the online pass code. It's an expansion you purchase if you don't manage to get the LE of the game. If they do tie it in, I wonder how much extra they'll be asking for other people who don't manage to snag a copy of LE.

[/quote]

Its $10 more if you do not pre order it. Then you have buy all the add on map packs. $59 for standard or $69 if you want LE. If you pre order its $59 for LE and you get all the add on maps free. At least they did BFBC2 like this.