Question about Quarians. **massive spoilers**

******WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!*****

I will start by pointing out that I did not import any of my saves from ME1 or ME2.  I wanted to start from scratch.

I had just completed the mission where I take out the Reaper with the laser device. Big explosion, its dead, awesome.   Then cut scene comes and explains the Geth / Quarians.  THEN I have to make a decision between Geth (upper right) or Quarians (lower left).  This whole time Tali is begging me and usually upper right is the positive reply.  So I pick the positive reply and to my surprise, a cut scene comes showing the Geth wiping out the Quarians!!!?? Then if I already dont feel bad enough,  Tali is crying and then removes her mask and kills herself by jumping off a cliff!!!??? One of my favorite characters of the series!?!!!?!!  Then the geth robot kills himself. (no it was not Legion from ME2)  What the heck did I miss or do wrong???!!!!  I am a paragon and my rating was very high.  So at this point I lost one of my favorite characters and really dont even feel like playing the campaign anymore. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The choices on the left of the wheel allow you to unite the Geth & Quarians through Paragon or Renegade options. The choices on the right of the wheel allow you to side with one or the other.

If you have a high enough paragon/renegade score, you will get a second set of options after you first decide between the geth and Quarians. For example, after Legion asked if they all deserved death, I said "upload the code" and Tali freaked out. When I was given another conversation wheel, I had a paragon option (rally the fleet) and a renegade option (not sure what it is) in addition to the choices that were given. I picked "Rally the Fleet" which ended the war and brought peace to the conflict. If your score isn't high enough, you'll not be able to select those options (i think they'll be greyed out).

I just did this mission myself.

But in my case, I managed to save both the geth and the quarians.

I think you need an import with various ME2 points ticked off (Tali's loyalty mission, destroy the heretic geth, etc) as well as having a high Rep skill to get the option to end the war between the two sides.

My paragon score is over 3/4 full.   I didnt have Legion (some other robot) and I did not have any "left" options.  In fact I didnt even realize I was doing a main part of the campaign. I thought I was just doing some side missions, then all of a sudden this happened.  I wish that when you were landing on a planet about to do a mission it would say if that mission was priority.  The only way to know is to look at the journal but I did that way too late.  Just wanted to take my time and do side missions.  Guess I totally messed that up.  So frustrated.

I didn't trust Legion at that point so he and his kind had to go.

I have noticed that the placement of the options didn't always feel like "Paragon/Renegade" to me. Like when your in a scene it's a "Renegade" option to be honest with how you might be feeling? I truly went with what I felt was the right choice for my character. The Paragon action might have been X, Y, Z sequence but when it came down to it I wanted Tali to have her homeworld back and to do that the Geth needed to go. I also had Maxed out my Paragon half way through the game and maybe had 1/4 Renegade at the very very end.

Nice heads up on her suicide though. I'll make sure to avoid that one. For what it's worth; Thanks.

There are no side missions in ME3, only a handful of N7 missions. Everything else is a main story quest (some of which have offset missions that expire if not completed in time).

Only the "Priority" missions are Main Story Quest. They don't expire. They cause others to expire. So if you have, say a Krogan Mission that's a Priority and then two more missions on the same planet, doing the Priority mission will lock out the other two and clear all three. If you don't do the Priority mission you could leave, scan some planets, hit the Citadel and drop of some things people are looking for, then go back to Krogan space to the two missions and finally do the Priority mission.

[quote user="benseac"]

If you have a high enough paragon/renegade score, you will get a second set of options after you first decide between the geth and Quarians. For example, after Legion asked if they all deserved death, I said "upload the code" and Tali freaked out. When I was given another conversation wheel, I had a paragon option (rally the fleet) and a renegade option (not sure what it is) in addition to the choices that were given. I picked "Rally the Fleet" which ended the war and brought peace to the conflict. If your score isn't high enough, you'll not be able to select those options (i think they'll be greyed out).

[/quote]

I followed that path with 1 exception.  As Legion was uploading the code and Tali was freaking, the Quarian fleet was still pounding the Geth ships (which weren't responding for whatever reason).  I think there was a dialog option in there where I asked the Quarians to back down since the uploaded code would fix their problems... and as usual, the stubborn #%%# Quarian commander wouldn't listen, which p***ed me off for the last time, so I chose the renegade option.  I held my breath as I was afraid of what I might have done.

Oddly enough, Shepard basically told them (Quarian commander) that if he didn't back down by the time the code uploaded, the Geth were going to 'wake up' and obliterate his fleet...  The odd part about that is that it worked. Quarians backed down, Geth uploaded the code... still lost Legion, but both sides made peace... and Tali calmed down.

If you didn't do the side missions to save the Quarian Admiral ( save him leaving his squad to die) or do legions side mission about the history of the Geth. You won't be able to have peace as a option.

[quote user="ColonelBoston"]

There are no side missions in ME3, only a handful of N7 missions. Everything else is a main story quest (some of which have offset missions that expire if not completed in time).

[/quote]

There's 6 N7 missions and everything else is either Priorty (which includes any mission involving Cerberus) or they're pointless "fetch missions" which sometimes give you War Assets.