Question About My Gamerscore

First of i would like to admit that my friend modded my gamerscore. My gamerscore was promptly reset back to zero which I understand completely. Now, some months later, my gamerscore keeps resetting on certain games. For example, I beat the entire Mass Effect 2 game twice and got the achievement for beating the game, but the other achievements that you get while beating the game reset. A more recent example, 2 weeks ago I bought the Godfather 2 and beat the campaign. I had the achievements for the game until today when I logged on they had disappeared. I called Xbox Live Support and the woman I talked to told me that she had no clue, and that I  should post on the forum. Any thoughts on why my gamerscore keeps resetting?

Thank you for your help,

Funniest007

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

my friend modded my gamerscore would u please derank it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I CAN DO THE TIME BUT MAKE IT A FREEAAAKKKIIINNNNNN SSSEEEETTTT TTTIIIIMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A LOAD OF BULL PROVING XBOX IS ACTUALLY MADE AND RUN BY JOKESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

To make the punishment for gamerscore modding a deterrent any achivements you had prior to a reset cannot be earned post reset. If you were able to re earn those achievements then it goes from being a punishment to a mild annoyance.

Conversely with permabans everyone always says "oh it's so unfair/ethically wrong/immoral/illegal to permaban people" but you never hear a word from these people about the non cheaters the modders affect. Why should we have to put up with their shenanigans? People have had the entire multiplayer for various COD titles locked off from being played because they got deranked by modders for a giggle and you're expecting me to feel sorry for the modders when they're banned?

You agreed to abide by the terms and you had the punishments for breaking those terms explained to you before signing up. Can't do the time then don't do the crime.

Sorry this didn't help.

it is NOT right to permanently punish somebody for ANYTHING...... i was labeled a cheater for no aparent reason... i legitemently earned all of the achievements i had.... i was read by xbox support of some article that stated your gamerscore gets reset by the "police" of xbox and the only way you can get back is by LEGITEMENTLY earning them... SO WHY CAN I NOT LEGITEMENTLY RE-EARN MY GAMERSCORE?!?!? it is not ethically correct and i think that there should be changes made to the system to where you CAN re-earn past achievements but still be monitered by the xbox "police"

Sorry this didn't help.

You'll never be able to get those achievements back for the life of the account. As said before any other account modification is an instant ban, so the warning you got is the reset.

The only way to switch your current name to another tag is to spend 800msp for a name change (though it is on offer at 560 at the moment). Then create a new gamertag and use the one free change you get at the end of the process to change it to Funniest007.

Sorry this didn't help.

I concur that it would be far more annoying to be banned, but as you stated above the appropriate response to gamerscore modification is not banning but a "warning".

Sorry this didn't help.

So my punishment will last till when? (A hypothetical question). I do not have the right anymore, because I can only earn gamerscore on certain games. Right as defined by google (I know a poor source but its the best I could find on short notice) A moral or legal entitlement to have or obtain something or to act in a certain way.

Thank your Grey Pilgrim. Since I like my the name Funniest007, is there a way to still keep my name Funniest007 but to start a new account?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand your frustration Funniest but as I pointed out if your friend had done any other modification to your account you would have been banned. So while it is annoying not to be able to get those achievements again, it would be far more annoying to have been banned and lose all your content.

Sorry this didn't help.

XboxLIVE/Cheating.

The effects of a correction are permanent and the only way to regain those achievements and gamer-score attached to them is to start a new account.

Sorry this didn't help.

You still have that right. But you abused it by cheating and they are punishing you for it. Like others have said, not being able to earn the achievements on games you played prior to the reset is part of the punishment, otherwise it wouldn't really be much of one. Or you would rather it be the ban hammer?

Sorry this didn't help.