question about license for games...

my original xbox 360 is being sent in for repairs since the dvd built in optical drive on it failed because of the update.  i am still downloading halo reach and halo 3 into the hard drive so i can play them for the time being. i had to sell my discs to buy enough ms points to download reach and will sell more so i can get enough for halo 3. is there any way i can find out if they will transfer my license to the xbox 360 that they will be sending me after they get my broken xbox? i'd like to still be able to play my downloaded games on the new xbox and all the maps i downloaded...can anyone answer this for me? i know that they usually transfer the license automatically or i have to do it myself, but i've already used my one transfer for this year already and i'm screwed if i cant get it done after the repair is done and i get a refurbished or new 360  slim. (yes i am sending a 360 slim in. it broke in less than a year and it was still under warranty, so i'm covered regardless)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

ummmm hello?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes after a repair they would transfer the licenses manually there and all you have to do is queue and redownload them if you got a warning that it's associated with another console please call xbox support immediately

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.