Question about jets for the veteran BF players?

Okay veteran BF players... Has there ever been, or will there ever be (that you're aware of), a "Harrier" jet in a Battlfield game? 

I love'd BadComp2, and can only imagine how much fun Battlefield 3 will be.  On top of that, I love jets... But my favorite is the Harrier, just because of the pure awesomeness that it can take off and land vertically.  It seems like since the maps are limited in size, this would be a great addition to the jet line up in Battlefield! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Actual game: NO

Mods: YES

the AV8B Super Harrier is really the only Harrier that can do those amazing aerobatics seen  in movies .....and certainly not for the lengths of time seen...water stored in onboard tanks has to be dumped into the engines for cooling...though I do understand the F35 is capable of much longer VTOL flight

A whole lotta gas has to be dumped into the engine as well.

The F35 is the only VTOL aircraft to make it to a full retail game, there was a harrier in the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 and only on modded maps for the Project Reality mod, although they might be implemented

[quote user="Misfit I Rogue"]

The F35 is the only VTOL aircraft to make it to a full retail game, there was a harrier in the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 and only on modded maps for the Project Reality mod, although they might be implemented

[/quote]

It was a pain taking off vertically off of carriers. People would stand in the engine so you would teamkill them.

Does anyone know if jets are in both rush and conquest?

Helicopters are cooler then jets. Fact.

There has been F35B lightning IIs in BF2.  The successor to the Harrier.  

[quote user="FAT N1NJA PANDA"]

[/quote]

No info on jets has been released so far. Only that they are giving a extended boundaries.

[quote user="FAT N1NJA PANDA"]

[/quote]

Planes have always been on conquest but it will depend on the map, since there has never been run until the BC series it is unknown