Question about Gta5 Discs?

Does installing the "Play" disc still mess up the game or graphics, or should I just install it? I'm just wondering because I don't like that sound my xbox makes when playing the game.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Rockstar does not recommend installing the play disc at all.  Some have had success installing it to a usb drive but you will not have optimal performance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As you will all know GTA V has a mandatory install disc which requires 8 GB of free space.

As soon as you launch this disc you will be prompted to install the file. If for any reason the install does not work you can manually install to you hard drive by following this link:

support.xbox.com/.../install-play-delete-game

The second disc is a play disc which Rockstar have already recommended isn’t installed to your hard drive as this can cause texture issues. This wont be a problem for some people but others prefer the quiet running of games installed on hard dives etc.

A way round this is to install the play disc to a USB flash drive which can be done as follows:

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

My friends and I have had no issues but Rockstar do say not to install the play disc at all as it could affect performance.

Hope this helps!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.