Question about downloading content without the licenses transfered

I have the brand new Xbox Slim 4 gigabyte console planning to upgrade to the new Modern Warfare 3 console next month. I will plan on transferring my licenses onto the Modern Warfare 3 console from my old console when I get it and unpack it at my house. 

Here are my two main questions:

1. Should I buy the download content if I am the only person with a signed in account to use that content?
  2. When I change consoles, should I delete the data on my old one and redownload the content on the new console? The content I plan on buying is the Rockstar Pass so I get all the new cases and add ons.
And one last question. This is for the new console since it has more storage capicaty. How can I buy a game on Games on Demand with Microsoft Points? I plan on going digital with titles that are avalible instead of a physical copy cluttering up my gaming area.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

1. Sorry, but I don't really understand this question.

2. If you're keeping the old console, you might as well just leave the content on there. If you're selling it or giving it away, then you'd probably want to delete it. The license transfer will make you redownload all of your content on the new console anyway.

To buy games on Games on Demand with points, if you're using the console press the X button at the purchase screen to toggle between points and cash. If you're buying on the website, there's a tab that says "Use Microsoft Points" and you would just switch to that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I should explain the first question. I am planning to buy the content on my old console, but I don't have the licenses for that content to be used on that console. Its still on my old console which the content is deleted and the licenses have not changed hands yet. Do I have to stay signed in to use the DLC I purchased?

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE: I have bought the content I wanted, but it asks me to download it onto my new console since it says the licenses are still on my old console. I don't want to transfer licenses onto my current console since I can only do it every four months and don't want to waste time and resources when I plan on purchasing the Modern Warfare 3 console next month.

Should I just sign into Xbox Live and then download the content? I previously thought I can transfer licenses once a year, but I think they may have changed the rules recently to four months now.

Sorry this didn't help.

You shouldn't have any problem if you go ahead and download the content. It won't affect anything when you do the license transfer in the future.

Sorry this didn't help.