Question about Daedric weapons

What exactly does it mean when a Daedric weapon you attempt to pick up "crumbles to dust in your hands"? I've never had this happen until I tried to pick up a Daedric war axe laying next to a dead bandit killed by an Imperial horseman. At first I thought it was because the weapon was conjured, but conjured weapons disappear after death don't they? (I'm level 21 right now so Daedric weapons should be around).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This is a major, unavoidable glitch caused by the Mehrunes Razor DLC. It wasn't happening to you earlier because either 

A) You weren't trying to pick Daedric War Axes from the ground

B) You didn't have Mehrunes Razor installed

Mehrunes Razor adds a character to the game (the champion you fight at the end of the DLC) who uses a special Daedric War Axe with weak stats which crumbles to dust (hence the pop up message) if you try to pick it up. For whatever reason Beth has the game replace every Daedric War Axe in the game with that war axe if you have Mehrunes Razor installed.

Before you ask, no there is no way to fix it, outside of deleting Mehrunes Razor from you hard drive. And no, it's never going to be patched. You can still collect Daedric War Axes, so long as they're in containers, but if they end up in the game world they're toast. Since they have nerfed stats because of the DLC it's pointless to collect them anyway so if you want the DLC just ignore the War Axes.

Damn. Oh well though, thanks. I might as well ask this in this thread instead of making a new one; If the vintner in Battlehorn castle gets stuck between a barrel and a wine shelf, can he still produce special wines if I provide the ingredients? In other words, does he have to approach the barrels and place/spawn the wine in them in order for the wine to be accessible to me? I may be able to ragdoll him out by using a backward power attack with a claymore, but for roleplaying purposes I'd rather not.

I just noticed that he managed to get himself out while I was elsewhere. I should probably troubleshoot these problems for a while before asking here, but I get inpatient with all the DLC problems. At least it's not as bad as Fallout 3's DLC.

[quote user="apatch of grass"]

I just noticed that he managed to get himself out while I was elsewhere. I should probably troubleshoot these problems for a while before asking here, but I get inpatient with all the DLC problems. At least it's not as bad as Fallout 3's DLC.

[/quote]

I just wish bethesda would fix the DLC.

Most DLC released for Oblivion or Fallout breaks something in the game.

I refuse to have mehrunes razor or the fighters stronghold DLC installed just because they break stuff in the main game.

If you notice that the mystic emporium in the Imperial City is never open it's because the Fighters stronghold DLC you have has broke that part of the game.

weird, i have mehrunes razor installed and I havent suffered from that glitch.

[quote user="Payne325"]

weird, i have mehrunes razor installed and I havent suffered from that glitch.

[/quote]

The daedric war axes only crumble when picked up off the ground.

They don't crumble if you take them from chests or from enemies inventories. So you might not always notice the glitch.

Even if you do manage to pick up a daedric war axe they will be a lot weaker than they are supposed to be so wont be worth having.

Information on the glitch can be found here