Question about cheaters

Has anyone come across gamers who's Gamerscore is jumping rediculously.  From like 4,000 and some change to OVER 67,000 immediately?  Are these people not being reprimanded for cheating? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've never SEEN any GS jump but I have seen many games in someones list, all have the same played date.  And yes, they get reprimanded to the point of having their GS reset to zero.  They just need to be reported.   

Well, the reason I ask is because someone I know cheated their Gamerscore to have all games at 100% and all they got was a one day ban and they got to keep their Gamerscore. He was on one night with a GS of around 4,000 and the next day he was over 67,000. He's obviously been reported.

The 24hour suspension was likely for something else, not his gamerscore. Just file a report on him for system tampering and the XBLPET will get to him eventually. it isn't a quick process, unlike the modding, as they get thousands of reports a day and each one must be checked.

OK. I don't want to seem like a snitch, but on the otherhand, people like this effect the quality of all of us legit gamers gameplay, satisfaction and how Microsoft works on having better security against these things. I appreciate the info.

they reset the gamer score and the put their gamer zone in to cheater so everyone can see it.

[quote user="voteDC"]

XBLPET will get to him eventually. it isn't a quick process, unlike the modding, as they get thousands of reports a day and each one must be checked.

[/quote]

They should really up the staff count for the XBLPET. It must take a while to process each case.

Got two gs boosters on my friends list, they have been reported really hope they get the cheater label added to their gamercard. They've got games for nothing using their jfag xbox

[quote user="optimusBOO"]

Got two gs boosters on my friends list, they have been reported really hope they get the cheater label added to their gamercard. They've got games for nothing using their jfag xbox

[/quote]

Just real quick, Gamescore "boosting" is not in violation of the Terms of Use nor Code of Conduct. "Boosting" can mean many different things to different people but generally speaking it is using nothing more then what the Game comes with (ie no External Method of Unlocking Achievements).

Gamescore Resets usually come from someone who has Cheated by specifically used an External Method of both or either additional Hardware and or Software. And just because someone says they have "this modified" or "that modified" doesn't necessarily make it true. 9 times out of 10, they're only seeking attention.

[quote user="optimusBOO"]

[/quote]

I also boost for gs. Are you going to report me too? Boosting is not against the TOU.

The only place you can see the 'Cheater' mark is on Xbox.com. On your console their gamerzone will appear as normal.