Question about ammo

So was there any reason why they included ammo clips in ME 2 and 3 but not the 1st one. The 1st ME was more realistic with its unlimited ammo guns because the technology of the universe is very advanced. I have ME 2 but I have yet to play it so no spoilers please.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes, thermal clips have been revamped from the original Mass Effect. I actually enjoyed that combat but I am glad for the change. The Sniper rifle is more reliable in Mass Effect 2 and 3 as your thermal meter will no longer fill up after one missed or hit shot. I believe they changed it to make all the weapons more reliable and make the pace in a more action oriented way. Mass Effect has always had the superb action in my opinion, and the new change is welcoming and refreshing to me. 

In ME1 with the correct upgrades you can just hold the trigger down and shoot non-stop. I think thats why they changed it, very unrealistic.

Haha, thanks for reminding me of that. I remember multiple times spamming my assault rifle on Saren in the final battle. I agree that be the exact reason why they changed the thermal clips.

Also, it felt like crap to shoot in ME1... no reloading is a poor choice.

[quote user="III Poison III"]

In ME1 with the correct upgrades you can just hold the trigger down and shoot non-stop. I think thats why they changed it, very unrealistic.

[/quote]Well to be blunt, realism doesn't exactly coincide with Mass Effect anyhow so I don't think that is part of the reasoning.  Like White stated it was more or less done to add more of an action feel to combat and to up the pace/flow instead of simply standing in cover or otherwise just holding down the trigger limitless in ME 1.

We can of course go into a debate about the Codex and the actual technology behind ME 1's approach but that's beating a dead horse because of everyone's varying degrees of opinions and feeling towards their preference between the two approaches, so I would rather not.  It's been done before and well it just drags out threads more so than need be. :)

um ok....

Best quote ever from Lair of the Shadow Broker:

Shepard "Remember the good old days, when you could just slap omingel on everything?"

Liara "You weren't the only one disappointed with that security upgrade."

um ok....

[/quote]What'd you expect someone to say in response to you saying that something is unrealistic in Mass Effect? lol. I mean c'mon, Element Zero isn't exactly freely available on the Moon is it?  If there were I think our astronauts would be crazed Biotics...

;)

[/quote]Except to do that you have to make one of the most ineffective guns in the game.

The guns that you could make fire without worrying about overheat were very ineffective compared to other combinations.