Question about a scatched game disc.

Okay, so my old used copy of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is scratched. It used to work fine, but it's gotten worse over time. It started with audio glriches where the music and dialogue wasn't there sometimes and eventually got to the point where certain missions can't be played past a certain point or at all.

My question is: Will installing the game to my Xbox 360 Hard Drive resolve my issue with glitches, or wil I need to have my disc repaired?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It's defiantly worth a try seeing as installing the game to your hard drive as it worked for me with Halo: Reach before, If installing it to your hard drive doesn't work then you will need to get your disc cleaned however if it is a laser burn it might still not work after it has been cleaned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. If that falls short, I'll just have to take it out to a game shop down here called PlayNTrade. They have a machine that buffs off the protective coating on the bottom of the disc and reaplying it. It'll fix just about any scratch. Evn the ring from knocking your Xbox over. It's just so out of the way to go there that I figured I'd try this first.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.