Quest "The Blood Curse" bugged?

Warning, spoilers are ahead:

I'm on one of the last steps of The Blood Curse, after lifting said curse from King Henselt at Sabrina's shrine. The next objective is to meet him at his tent in the camp, after sundown. Upon doing this, the king isn't in his tent, only a soldier wearing red garb awkwardly standing there. You're unable to talk to him, and when you leave the tent the Nilfgaardian assassins that are SUPPOSED to jump you just stand there. When the quest is tracked, there are 3 markers instead of one, at his tent. One's at Sabrina's shrine, one at the visionary's house, and the other in Vergen.

Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 57 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm getting bother before that stage, the visionary wont talk to me, keps repeating "quick inside the candles, you'll be safe here".... Tried different saves, different xboxes cloud storage and memory unit and hard drive

Same here. The visionary won't talk tom me when you go in the tent.

Anyone know if this is a quest that you have to complete?

I have the same issue as you Phenomenon.

I loaded an earlier save and approached from the directly near the wooden stakes. There were soliders there getting attacked by rotfiends. I killed the fiends and then the soliders want you to take some coin to the visionary. I then went to the visionary and then he would talk to me and progress the quest.

I'm stuck in a strange situation with this particular quest.  I've already talked to the Visionary the first time, where he tells you to "quick, get inside".  That worked fine, conversation went down no problem.  I've advanced the quest to the point where I need to gather more information and need to talk to Dethmold and the Visionary one more time.  

I've spoken with Dethmold, and upon going back to the Visionary's hut, he just mentions something about the "soldiers were supposed to come, but they didn't, so they must be dead"...the game cuts to the normal dialogue close-up like I'll be able to reply to him, but then as soon as the Visionary is done talking, it just cuts back out to the normal camera view.

The quest continues to tell me that I need to talk to him, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to progress.  Anyone have any ideas?  Is this a glitch or is there something that I'm overlooking?  I really don't want to load up an earlier save, but I don't want to do a lot of other quests either if this one is glitched and I wind up getting stuck here...

Trippul G:

Did you find the soldiers being attacked by monsters?.

One of the paths that lead to where his hut is.... you should come across some soldiers being attack by monsters. Upon saving them they say something about going to the Visionaries Hut to give him some money but are too afraid to go further.  Once you have the money from those soldiers it should continue the quest.

Well...I did find two guys hanging around by the execution site.  They weren't being attacked, but were afraid to go back to camp.  I helped them back, and we were attacked by drowners along the way.  I think I recall them mentioning something about square coins, but I'm not entirely sure now.  Are these the guys you're talking about, or is there someone else I need to find?

Those are different  soldiers...

These guys are a lot closer to the area near the Visionaries Hut.

If you have done the Rot Fiend Nest quest it is the same area as one of the nest locations.

I don't know if I will describe this well enough... But when you leave the kaedweni camp head towards the direction of the Visionaries House. But stay as close to the wooden spike fence  as you can. if you follow that wooden spike fence heading in the direction  of the Visionaries house you will come to a path were these soldiers should be.

I found this youtube video that shows what I was trying to describe.

Hmm...this is weird...because I actually finished the Rotfiend quest and collected the reward for it.  When I first approached that area, I came at it from the other way, having already visited the Visionary for the first time, and those soldiers weren't there.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to load up a MUCH earlier save to set things right...which, as much as I was enjoying this game, really sucks pretty bad...I've done a LOT since first coming across that area.

*huge sigh of relief*

I followed the exact same path as shown in the video you posted, Crusher, and lo and behold, the soldiers were there, being attacked by rotfiends.  I got the coin, and now (hopefully) everything should be good.

Thanks a bunch for the help!