PvP questions

I finally made a dexterity character that I can actually play. I'm wondering what lightweight armor do you guys consider to be the best for PvP? I know everyone always wears the shadow armor, but is it really good, or just popular because it is 'ninja armor'. I notice that it has high stats for one of the damage stats, like slash or something. I was going to go and pick up the other Asian armor, the medium one, because I know that has good slash stats as well.

-

What weapon do you recommend? Right now the only katana I have is the Iatho (I think thats how you spell it). I can go kill that merchant for the uchigana (again, spelling?). I have a lot of strength stat - its at 32 - and dexterity - at 20. I built this character because I was thinking of using the Server to get a little health buff in PvP. Sort of regretting it now because the weapon doesn't really do much damage.

-

Should I start over and put more stats into dexterity and forget about using the server? Does anyone use the server and can vouch for it? I also would use the small tower shield too. That way I can be mobile and high hitting with high defense. The only problem with my character is it doesn't have much health.

-

I assume that the core idea of PvP is to upgrade your items and not your level so you can have a slight upper hand.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Been thinking about trying to get that. It sounds like its worth it.

For my dex build, I went with the Dragon Cov, and wear no armor so I can use the torso and head.  I really like the stun effect that the upgraded torso has.  Hard to get because of the dragon scale requirement, but of all the builds I've tried in my 400+ hours, this one was the most effective.  Incredible speed, and using a chaos washing pole deals 800+ damage after a stun roar.  Guys are shocked when they get hit that hard on a non-backstab attack.

Take off all of your armor then. If you say you die because your not fast enough, surely wearing no armor and getting hit would be no different.

in the Lost Izalith, i think it's the one past the centipede boss, i know what to do, i have one of those orange orb things taken down, i jus can't move fast enough to get to the other one, i can play decoy well enough if someone else could run in there and take it

The bed of choas? Just keep rushing him, you only have to hit him once.

isaac you play this too? wtf i jus responted to you in the armored core forum lol

anyways, if anyone is up for it i have several characters and would like to continue playing, my highest is a lvl 99 knight and need assistance at the big stupid tree boss, anyone interested jus send me a friend request

I think maybe he is just referring to dual wielding in general, which is a valid way to go. Just as long as your animation is a parry, not a block. That small rapier you can pick up in lower undead burg is great for that.

Why do you think dual katanas are so good then? I mean not hating, but if you use the first katana, you have to wait for the attack animation to end before you can use the other one, using a combo with 1 katana would be faster.

It's basicly a 10% physical damage reduction instead of 100%, you're better off using a parrying dagger / shield / 2 handed.

EDIT : was trying to reply to fatfuzzy, but it didn't quote him =/

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I finally made a dexterity character that I can actually play. I'm wondering what lightweight armor do you guys consider to be the best for PvP? I know everyone always wears the shadow armor, but is it really good, or just popular because it is 'ninja armor'. I notice that it has high stats for one of the damage stats, like slash or something. I was going to go and pick up the other Asian armor, the medium one, because I know that has good slash stats as well.

-

What weapon do you recommend? Right now the only katana I have is the Iatho (I think thats how you spell it). I can go kill that merchant for the uchigana (again, spelling?). I have a lot of strength stat - its at 32 - and dexterity - at 20. I built this character because I was thinking of using the Server to get a little health buff in PvP. Sort of regretting it now because the weapon doesn't really do much damage.

-

Should I start over and put more stats into dexterity and forget about using the server? Does anyone use the server and can vouch for it? I also would use the small tower shield too. That way I can be mobile and high hitting with high defense. The only problem with my character is it doesn't have much health.

-

I assume that the core idea of PvP is to upgrade your items and not your level so you can have a slight upper hand.

[/quote]

Nah you don't have to start over. Just level up a bit more,and start putting points into dex.

2 weapons i would recommend for your dex build. Painted Guardian Sword,and Priscilla's Dagger. 

If you're using a parrying weapon, then yes, it is useful, but if you're using a weapon with no parrying option and it just 'blocks' like only 10% of the attack it's useless.