Putting RE:ORC Gameplay In Context

Like many of my fellow RE fans, I was skeptical when I first heard the details of RE: ORC. The change from Survival Horror to Squad-Based Shooter was jarring.

However, when put into context, the gameplay makes perfect sense.

The original RE gameplay wouldn't work because, as much as I love it, it's far too outdated for modern games.

The gameplay of RE4/RE5 wouldn't work because it doesn't fit within the context of working with as an Umbrella squad nor does it fit with the MASSIVE amount of zombies on screen at any given time that would be in Raccoon City. (RE4/RE5 had a maximum of approx. 15 enemies on screen during intense portions of the game. Imagine that same slower paced movement/shooting mechanics with 20 to 30 zombies on screen throughout the ENTIRE course of the game. Wouldn't really work.)

Since we are playing as an elite Umbrella tactical response team, it only makes logical sense that the gameplay should reflect that.

Personally, I am not a fan of any game franchise suddenly changing their core gameplay mechanics. But in the case of RE: ORC, I fully understand the need to do so and, in the context of the game, I support it.

I think if people really take the time to analyze the situation, they'll put their preconceived notions about RE: ORC away, like I did, and accept the game for what it is or simply write it off.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I understand exactly what it is, just more so on the fence about how it'll play not that drastic change. But we will see when reviews and longer gameplays are released.

Write off for me im sorry to say, had it pre ordered as soon as i was able to.

The name alone was why i pre ordered but looking the videos it just seems like a run of the mill generic game now :(

Il prob end up going for the rental option....................

I found all of the complaints quite discouraging myself.

I agree with you, I'm not a fan of resident evil changing either, I prefer the old school resident evil but its obvious that resident evil isnt going back to its old roots. I just hate it when people are already complaining about a game they havent even played yet.

So what your saying is, if we don't like the look of a game we should still go out an buy it just because we havent played it yet.

You must loads of crap games if that's the case!

Cheers for the link Dub,it's starting to sound like its not even worth a rental

I loved what I played tbh and can't wait for the game to arrive. I don't trust IGNs reviews at all if I'm honest.

[quote user="Akradon"]

I loved what I played tbh and can't wait for the game to arrive. I don't trust IGNs reviews at all if I'm honest.

[/quote]

Exactly right.

Let's wait and see what actual gamers who aren't getting paid have to say about ORC.

And don't forget, you can't spell IGNorant without IGN.

[quote user="Anonymous 6653"]

[quote user="Akradon"]

-snip-

[/quote]

Exactly right.

Let's wait and see what actual gamers who aren't getting paid have to say about ORC.

And don't forget, you can't spell IGNorant without IGN.

[/quote]

Exactly. Only review that I trust is my own :)