Purchasing with Microsoft currency

When I purchase a game can I use my Microsoft currency then have my credit card take care of the remainder. I have $50 on my account and want to download a $60 dollar game. Don't want to download it using my card right away when I have $50 on the account just sitting there

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

II ViiShous II,

When you go to purchase content on your Xbox 360 console, you will see the full price of the item on the Confirm Purchase screen (Example: $19.99). After you change your payment method of your choosing, click Confirm Purchase, a screen will appear stating: “Do you want to apply the $X.XX in your Microsoft account toward this purchase, and charge the rest to your [card_type] ****XXXX”. *NOTE* If you select No or hit Back, the full amount is charged to the card and the purchase is completed. Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. Didn't want to click confirm purchase and it just charges my card and leaves the Microsoft currency there

Sorry this didn't help.

I cant charge me msc it just want me to use my card

Sorry this didn't help.

I have £18 on my microsoft account and I purchased 12 month gold but there was no option to use this money and it was all charged to my debit card. I had checked settings before I did this and it said that the money on the microsoft account is automatically used and has to be turned off, how come all of it was charged to my card?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not possible to use the currency in your account to purchase a gold subscription. Gold can only be purchased via credit card/Paypal or by purchasing a prepaid card in a store. So in that case the system worked as it should.

Sorry this didn't help.

MS is really getting shady with there payment options as of late. The currency system was switched over about 6 to 8 months ago and they cant even update their website to let you purchase with your MS money, you cant buy a gold membership with it either. Theres been several issues with live since nov, like cloud saves unavailable, party chat issues, not being able to purchase content. I mean were paying $60 for a service that is getting worse by the month. Its getting to a point were sony online is better and that makes me sick cause i cant stand sony. I will not purchase an x1 till they actually work. My butts getting sore from all this unwanted penetration by MS and the worse part is the dont even spit on it or give me a kiss when their done with me lmfao

Sorry this didn't help.

To which ever mod deleted my well thought out post. Thank you for denying my right to free speech. I did not use vulgarity sorry if you personally didn't like what i wrote but i did not violate the terms of use. I am an ambassador and i know the rules hence why i chose my wording very carefully. I assume it was Smwutches that modded it cause he thinks he knows all. So who do i file the complaint against? Does the person that removed the comment have the guts to come forward? Probably not cause the are pathetic

Sorry this didn't help.