Purchasing Microsoft points

I've been dealing with Microsoft support since July 7th, I've had three different service request numbers, the one I"m on now has been issued to me since the 30th of July.  I'm being told that my problem has been escelated to "investigations" but it's still taking way too long to get a resolution.  I've even tried buying prepaid cards and inputting the 25 digit code to add microsoft points, that doesn't work; I get the same error code on my console 80190864.  Is there anyone at microsoft that can fix this?  Or should I consider buying a PS3 and ditching my xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

That error code suggests a billing violation, possibly some money owed. You should contact phone support to settle this balance. support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply but that's not the case, for one I have a positive balance of 360 points, and if I did owe money I would hope that one of the 13 conversations I've had with Microsoft support at 800-469-9269 or in one of my five email corespondences, someone would have told me.  

Sorry this didn't help.

An owed balance would have nothing to do with your points. For example, if you have auto renewal set up on your account but your card was expired or overdrawn, this would lead to a balance owed on your LIVE account. All I can advise you to do is check https://billing.microsoft.com for any owed balance, and contact phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) to sort it out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've spoken with billing and checked my account I owe nothing.  I also got a call from MS support last night, she told me my case had been returned from investigations and they could find nothing wrong with my account, and suggested that if the problem persists to try another CC or buy a prepaid card.  I told her (as I'd told other support representatives), I have tried another CC and I've bought two prepaid cards.  Nether prepaid card works (get the same error code) and changing CC's didn't work either.  She told me she would re-escalate the ticket.  Any other advice?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't buy ANYTHING

my error code is 2B4F9F26FB6CB04

Sorry this didn't help.

DUDE THEY RIPP PLENTY OF PEOPLE OFF I GOT ROBBED FOR 800POINTS NO ONE CAN HELP ME I FEEL YOUR PAIN BRO THEY HAVE THE VILLAGE IDIOT RESPOND ITS SAD ALL THE MONEY THEY GET CANT EVEN HELP A PAYING CUSTOMER..

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you certain you spoke with billing?  When you called support did you ask to speak with billing?  They are the only ones that can help with this error code.  The error code does mean that you owe money and billing is the only division that can remove it.  Support cannot help with this at all.

I recommend you do as Mister Gwyther says and call support back but this time tell them you need to speak with billing about this issue.  Once you do that I'm sure you'll get everything sorted out.

@USDEATHCORP I would suggest you do as I posted in one of your other threads.  You are more likely to get help that way than in the way you are doing so right now.  Be aware that support is only an outside company hired by Microsoft/Xbox and do not always have the answers.  If you posted nicely to Mister Gwyther or Miss Portia (as I stated earlier) you are more likely to get your issue resolved.  Spamming the boards as you are right now is not helping your case at all.

Sorry this didn't help.