Purchasing Content to a Jump Drive

I was on my roommates Xbox in her room logged in with my Gamertag,  Forgetting where I was I bought two pieces of DLC for Castle Crashers.  It downloaded to my jump drive that I keep my tag on (hers is on there as well).  I'm curious about how the DRM will work for those.  Are they attached to her console, or when I moved them onto my did console they attach to it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The console licenses will be on her console and the gamertag license will be on your gamertag.

Whenever you want to access the DLC, you will need to be connnected to Xbox LIVE, because you will not be able to access them offline, as you do not have the console license.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alternatively you can contact XBOX Support and see if they can move the licenses over for you since you and your roommate have two XBOX's and have each other's gamertags on the consoles. You can also easily do a license transfer on the other console for those two specific DLC titles (mind you, this can only be done once every year). www.xbox.com/.../Home

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Hassassin NiNjA"]

Alternatively you can contact XBOX Support and see if they can move the licenses over for you since you and your roommate have two XBOX's and have each other's gamertags on the consoles. You can also easily do a license transfer on the other console for those two specific DLC titles (mind you, this can only be done once every year). www.xbox.com/.../Home

[/quote]Support wont help in this case. From Mister Gwyther: Phone support will only perform a license transfer in extreme cases. Phone support is not there to provide license transfers all the time.

Also the time frame for license transfers has changed, it can now be done every four months. Plus when you do a license transfer it is an all or nothing deal, the console license for everything belonging to that gamertag will be moved, you can't pick specific items to transfer.

A license transfer can also be done on the console alone, no need to involved the web. The option is in Account Management. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hm weird, I honestly thought it was still 1 year, and that you could actually pick and choose content. But like you said - they would do it in extreme cases, no harm in asking. Thanks for the refresher though, appreciate it.

Sorry this didn't help.

@H Ninja

It been a while since they've changed it to once every 4 months.

Probably because too many people were upgrading their consoles to the slim model but had already transfer their licenses before that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys!  That answered it for me.

Sorry this didn't help.