Purchased points so my son could buy Minecraft and play online but privacy settings won't allow it

i have seen quite a few posts but no real resolve on this issue.  I want my son (10) to be able to play Minecraft on his own account but the privacy settings won't even let him download/unlock the game.  What can i do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

if he is a ten year old and his account reflects that and wont let him download, who is the parental account? There might be a conflict there. Otherwise, create a new account?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also, you are able to purchase the content for yourself, and as long as he is on the main console that it was purchased on, his gamertag will be able to play the content.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is also assuming that you have not redeemed the points on your sons account. But the Parental account will have the power to change the privacy/content/family controls over the child account. all you have to do is sign into the parental account and then go over to the settings HUB, then click the Family settings, this will allow you to see your sons account and privledges WHILE on signed into your own account. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.