Purchased GTA SA

Hi all,

I purchased GTA SA from the store and got all my settings correct for UK, I thought that it would be a simple process as before and just download the game and play.  But for some reason the game will not play after I've downloaded it.  I've tried around 7 or 8 times to download it.  I've even tried clearing the cache and also tried removing the hard drive and downloading to my 4gb interenal memory on teh slim and it still doesnt work.

I've now run out of ideas to try and get this to work.  I have also searched into this problem and found others having the same problem and got it to work, but their solutions just havent worked for me.

Can anyone give any solution to get this to work please ??

I've downloaded other games to see if it was because of the hard drive and they've all worked fine, its just GTA SA that hasnt worked.

On the storage it shows the icon and that the game is there, but when I look in my games the game just shows a blank and says error please download again.

Cheers for any advice.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

good to hear enjoy the game it I'd one of my favorites.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Turned out the hard drive that I had bought was a 3rd Party hard drive.  Once I connected up an official hard drive and downloaded, the game worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the hard drive you are using an official HDD from MS made for Xbox?  or some third party clone?   I have heard of a few issues with fake drives, in that they do not contain the appropriate software required to playback the older Xbox originals games.  Therefore, and San seems to be one of the main games people have issues with, it will not run properly or at all if your not using one of the real XB HDD.

I would try deleting your market place save data from the HDD located in the storage section --> system items = marketplace system data (Some people have suggested that helps with download errors or games that cant download fully) It's just a suggestion.

Let us know.

Sorry this didn't help.