Purchased Arcade Games work but sliver accounts only have trails on same Xbox.

I have purchased a few arcade games (Toy Soldiers, Worms, etc) with my Gold account.  They work fine.  My son has a silver account the same Xbox.   He was going to play with some of the games but they show up as trial versions to his account.  Is this normal?  If this is not how do I go about giving him full access with silver account.  I thought the Purchased DLC and Games where bound to the console not the Gamertag.  It seems a bit strange to now allow all the accounts to have access to the game on the same console.

Thanks for any help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you recently gotten a new console? If so, you will need to perform a license transfer. You can do it at www.xbox.com/drm or on the console under Account Management. This will transfer your console license to the new one so that all gamertags on the console can access the purchased DLC.

On a related note, the content is also licensed directly to the purchasing gamertag. This means that you can use this content on any console as long as you are connected to XBox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did have to send in my Xbox under warranty repair.  They transfer the license for you I believe.   Besides I don't have the old one be able to complete a transfer MS kept it.

Sorry this didn't help.

They are supposed to do it when a repair is performed, but it doesn't always happen. As I said before, you can also do it directly from the new console under Account Management.

Please note that you will need to re-download all content after performing the transfer. As long as the content is already on the console, it will just need to download the updated license.

Sorry this didn't help.