Purchase Issues

"Can't authorize this method of payment", except the method being referred to is my actual account with Microsoft currency on it, instead of a credit card or Paypal.

I redeemed a prepaid card for currency and then tried to buy DLC, but I keep getting the above error message (and then my console keeps trying to download the content anyway, but obviously it never finishes since the purchase wasn't completed). I'm 90% sure that there's some sort of billing violation on my account as detailed in the sticky, but I keep getting redirected to https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/Error/ShowError?errorCode=2004, so I don't know how to check.

My account location matches my physical location, so if it's not a billing violation I'm stumped.  I've tried the age-old fix of waiting for the problem to magically go away on its own, but that doesn't seem to be working this time.  Help would be appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you're having difficulty accessing the Commerce page you should give Phone Support a call and they will be able to look into it for you and resolve it with you.

You can reach them here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Ordinarily you would be able to self-diagnose a billing violation using Commerce, but in its absence Support is definitely your best bet.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.