Purchase dlc but no dlc?

I purchased a DLC car.... Either it's not there or I just can't find it. Anybody help?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

DLC cars don't download straight to your garage. Can you see the car in the list shown on the "Buy Cars" menu?

Yeah I can see it but when I click buy car, it asks me to pay again.

That happened to me too but after awhile (I believe that I quit the game and restarted during that time) they were available for purchase using in-game credits.

once you buy DLC, you will be able to buy them using in-game credit or token or real money.

if u don't buy DLC, you don't have the ability to buy them using in-game credit.

in other words, buying DLC simply gives u the ability to buy them again.... i know this sucks and sounds ridiculous but it's true. i guess Forza has to pay these car makers a lot of $ for licensing....probably the DLC fee go to the car maker entirely and the second time when you pay using the optional cash, Forza actually makes $ off you...

[quote user="Flypolarbear"]once you buy DLC, you will be able to buy them using in-game credit or token or real money.[/quote]

Using real money is not an option in the game for purchasing cars.

[quote user="Flypolarbear"]probably the DLC fee go to the car maker entirely and the second time when you pay using the optional cash, Forza actually makes $ off you...

[/quote]

You never pay real money twice for DLC. You pay real money once to download the content from the Xbox store. Then you use the in-game currency (credits) to add the cars to your garage (just as you use in-game credits to add non-DLC cars to your garage).

[quote user="crunchy1X"]

[quote user="Flypolarbear"]probably the DLC fee go to the car maker entirely and the second time when you pay using the optional cash, Forza actually makes $ off you...

[/quote]

You never pay real money twice for DLC. You pay real money once to download the content from the Xbox store. Then you use the in-game currency (credits) to add the cars to your garage (just as you use in-game credits to add non-DLC cars to your garage).

[/quote]
Exactly

[quote user="crunchy1X"]

[/quote]

Is it not feasible that you could 1) pay real money to download the content, then, in lieu of in-game currency, 2) purchase tokens with real money and use those to add the cars to your career garage?

Not trying to be a wiseguy, I genuinely don't know the answer.  I've never actually purchased tokens in any of the Forza games, as I'm against the whole concept of paying real money for things that can be acquired/unlocked just by playing the game.

@TrippulG - You are correct that you could purchase tokens with real money and then use those tokens to add the cars to your career garage. However, you are not purchasing the cars with real money. You are purchasing the tokens with real money and then purchasing the cars with tokens. This is not a new concept as this was a feature available in both FM4 and Horizon.

Some might argue that my use of the word "never" is not entirely accurate (i.e. "You never pay real money twice for DLC"). Some might also argue that you're not buying DLC cars with real money twice - you're buying DLC with real money once and the buying tokens with real money once.

Overall - I think the main thing that people need to understand is that you pay real money to purchase the DLC content once. After that, cars are added to your garage the same way regardless of whether the car was available on-disc when the game was released or released as DLC content later on.

SEASON PASS in other games aside from FORZA, entitles you to download and play any addtional DLCs that may become available throughout the support of that game.  For example, WWE2K14 Season Pass entitles you to download and unlock any new characters, skins, songs, etc that is released.  No addtional prerequisites to play new characters, you purchased them already.  

This SEASON PASS is a JOKE.  It's no wonder none of the DLC includes new tracks.  There is no value in charging us additional money for tracks.  But since tokens can only be purchased with real money, it forces your hand once you've coughed up $49.99 for the pass.  

Unless you earn enough money racing, you will never own that 1.3 million cr vehicle.  Might as well spend $19.99 on tokens to get it.  At least, that's how THE MAN wants you to think.  

Your compaison of Forza to a WWE wrestling game leaves me speechless. Well played sir. :-/