Punk Buster?

Okay, a Friend of mine said he was Kicked from the Xbox 360 Version of BF3. I was kicked earlier this morning and after checking on my Battelog Stats I have this Notice;

• "The "Game disconnected: you were kicked by Punkbuster errors" are being looked into right now."

Is Punk Buster running over the Consoles? And how exactly does this work? If so EA/ Dice can take a leap...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

whoa!?....thats messed up man.....even if someone were inclined to cheat, as far as I know they couldn't on the console version of BF....what the heck?.....man, I'd be on the phone chewing @@@...as I go up the ladder

I don't even know what Punkbuster is. :S

[quote user="Zehq"]

[/quote]

Anti-cheating software that PC games use.

No, it is probably a misplaced error message for when you lag out of the servers on console. Punkbuster is not used on console at all.

That's weird! Pünkbuster did get hacked but I don't know how this should effect consoles.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Okay, a Friend of mine said he was Kicked from the Xbox 360 Version of BF3. I was kicked earlier this morning and after checking on my Battelog Stats I have this Notice;

• "The "Game disconnected: you were kicked by Punkbuster errors" are being looked into right now."

Is Punk Buster running over the Consoles? And how exactly does this work? If so EA/ Dice can take a leap...

[/quote]

I am not for sure that they are running that software on the console version of the game. But DICE just did an update to that software for the PC and everyone seems to be having trouble. My friends and I were all dropped from one game last night when we were about to win. Of course no reason was giving except the connection was lost. The notice you see on Battlelog is a game-wide notice and should have had PC-only in the notice. I would check the forums over there and see if they provide an explanation. Also like Der said, there have been reports of PB being hacked. So, maybe they run a version of PB on the console. As I have noticed on the global leaderboards, that most of the members from BHL have been removed from the Top 100 players.

That would be cool if Punkbuster was on the consoles but it's probably an error or something.

It's an error on PC. Punk Buster is only on the PC, as well. All they were doing is making a statement on battlelog for the problem, just as they state when servers may be down for PS3 or 360 and are working on those. Nothing to worry about if you're playing on console.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[quote user="Zehq"]

[/quote]

Anti-cheating software that PC games use.

[/quote] Haven't heard of it since the good old Counter Strike Source and BF2 days.