Punishment for "That Guy" in search

One of my biggest pet peeves in COD is people who rush to get the bomb and then proceed to take three steps backwards and hide in a bush.  Come on man!!

So my solution to this is a cranked like addition to snr.  Before you get ahead of yourself, I don't want this to be a crazy count down thing.  I just believe if the round ends by the time running out and you don't plant the bomb, the bomb should blow up and kill you.  If you successfully kill the entire team before the time expires than there is no penalty. Watching that guy blow up at the end of the round would give me great joy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I see where you are coming from but the problem with it is that why would a bomb explode if you need to plant it in the first place to start it's countdown. Also search and destroy is a tactical type game; we have to deal with those scared campers.

I actually agree with you both lol.It would be a good thing to explode at the end and kill "That guy" but then i thought the same as Psycho,Why would it blow up.

Maybe not killing the player but using a hybrid of SnD and Sabotage - if the bomb carrier stays still for a set period of time, that he then shows on the mini map.... this would prevent camping hiding and force players to get the bomb when they want to play the objective....

[quote user="eyeball One"]but then i thought the same as Psycho,Why would it blow up.[/quote]

This is all fiction so a work-around would be pretty easy.  Just say the bomb is already armed and needs to be placed on its target before it detonates.  It may not make the most sense but fun/gameplay should trump realism anyway unless the game is advertising itself as a hard-core sim.

Blitz it, you got 2 min to plant the bomb or you explode and drop it. Like a game of hot potato, if you are trying and can't get there, ya gotta pass it off.

i hate being   the bomb carrier

too much pressure lol

eyeball One said,

"I actually agree with you both lol.It would be a good thing to explode at the end and kill "That guy" but then i thought the same as Psycho,Why would it blow up."

Why would it blow up??  Faulty wiring.  That's my theory.

Make it to where you have a ticker on the screen counting down 2 mins to plant the bomb then you blow up. If you plant the bomb your life is spared and awarded a kill or points.

[quote user="PSYCHO LITH"]

I see where you are coming from but the problem with it is that why would a bomb explode if you need to plant it in the first place to start it's countdown. Also search and destroy is a tactical type game; we have to deal with those scared campers.

[/quote]

lol...I wish there was a way to deal with a friendly hiding in a bush with the bomb.  Maybe cook a grenade 2/3rds the way and throw it at his feet?