Pscyhonauts NO REFUND even though content was removed from server!

I am really ANNOYED..

I bought a new Xbox Slim and transferred all my licences to the Xbox Slim.

No Problem apart from Psychonaut.After loads of calls and trying different things the support(DE) contacted Microsoft about a refund.They have said NO and tolde me the AGBs wont allow a refund.

Sry guys PATHETIC! This is not my fault and have spent many hrs trying to correct this.The german support have been brilliant but the USA guys NO!

Is it so expensive to give me 1200 points or a different game caus you guys REMOVED the download?

Nintendo are a lot better in this regard.. Not even from u a small gift or so.......

I have just joined Xbox Live Gold after this i wont be renewing and under EU law even think this isnt legal even what has happened and to be honest US customers support Microsoft and not the other way round.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does it appear in your purchase history?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On my Xboxlive Account yes.But the support said its longer than 1 yr...... (December 2010)

Sorry this didn't help.

Bought on 25.12.2010

Sorry this didn't help.

You really need to elaborate on this, I am certified through Microsoft and I have access to some of there knowledge base.  If you can find it in your download history but it does not begin downloading is this a region issue?  

If the are receiveing the following error then "This item is no longer available"  then refer them to the VKB article: 972993.

In addition you state that you have the new Xbox 360S, but you did not mention if you have the Xbox 360S with the internal 4Gb flash memory (not a hard drive) or the 250Gb or 320Gb which is required to download and play the game in the first place as you can see at this website:

support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

this is a list of Xbox original games that can be downloaded and played on the Xbox 360 console (which your game falls under)  as long as you have an official Microsoft hard drive (they are recognized by the holographic stickers that say officail Xbox on the hard drive).  Third pary hard drives (non official) do not come equipped with the software emulators that Microsoft provides and the 4GB console with out hard drives are flash memory and do not have the emulators either.

Remember, those support representatives go through thousands of issues daily from one resolution to another and it can be easy to forget sometimes where to find an answer in the huge world of 35 million xbox live subscribers and thousands of great games availabe either for the new Xbox 360 or the original games that are playable that were once released years ago on the original classic Xbox.  Whether USA, EU, Africa, the ME or Pacific Rim we are all on the same team and are here to help each other.  Good luck and I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok Its a 250GB Slim (Offical)

Psychonauts i purchased for 1200 MS Points from the Marketplace (Europe) so its compatible and worked on the old 250GB Xbox!

All other games i could download and enjoy

The download stops after 23% no error message.

I have contacted German Support and they have (with me) have gone through all possible solutions.Still the same effect.

German support has contacted the USA about a Refund citing that the content has been removed (licencing issues with Manufacturer from Psychonauts) from the servers and no longer availible for purchase!

The US Microsoft has said NO to a refund cause apparently the Terms of Conditions allow this.

But i cant play the game and download it either!

This is NOT even remotely my FAULT and am FUMING about this........ I have spent about 6 hrs of my time contacting support,sitting by my xbox checking the progress etc.......

Its a 5GB download so it does take a while ...........

Sorry this didn't help.

What is annoying me though not even 1 bit of customer friendlyness here.Not even a small gift to aknowledge my wasted time and effort here.....

Sorry this didn't help.

CAn noone help here?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not quite

First some original Xbox games were region locked by country not by continent

First region lock errors only show when purchasing. It redownloading

Region locks can however prevent downloads outside the original region by canceling anytime

Does your account region (country ) match your actual country?

Sorry this didn't help.

I purchased it germany and is a german account so they do match!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey cheesy, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues playing this game! Okay, so to be sure, you purchased Psychonauts from the marketplace on your previous console, and it worked fine. Then, you bought a new console, transferred your licenses, and then re-downloaded it, and the download failed at 23 percent? And that's where it fails every time? Please let me know if this is correct, or if I'm mistaking any details. :-) If this is all the case, then I'm curious where you purchased your new console from? Did it come with the HDD, or was the HDD purchased separately?

Sorry this didn't help.