PSA: Gamestop doing a B2G1 Free sale until March 1!

Just got an email from Gamestop letting me know they are doing a buy 2 get one free sale on used games for leap year (or Thursday). Just thought I'd spread the word...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does this include 3DS games for the Nintendo 3DS?

So, are they doing the sale for Leap Year or for Thursday?  Since February 29th (today) falls on a Wednesday, i'm confused as to why they would celebrate Thursday March 1st.

It should cover any used games- 3DS included. And the email said the sale ends today (since Thursday would be March 1 and the sale would be done by then); my bad on the poor wording.

So, anyone going to jump on this? My backlog is getting pretty big on both consoles, but I love hitting up these B2G1 free sales.

Maybe some old, cheap 360 titles? Crackdown, Dead Rising, maybe The Darkness? Who knows? I just played the Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway demo on the 360; maybe I can find that on the cheap there...

BiA:HH is under $10 for sure.

It's actually pretty crazy how many games I paid $60 for that are all now under $10.  Like the 3 you mentioned above.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

BiA:HH is under $10 for sure.

It's actually pretty crazy how many games I paid $60 for that are all now under $10.  Like the 3 you mentioned above.

[/quote]

Seriously. I just felt that sting with BF3, Skyrim, and MGS: Collection HD; all of which I bought on launch at full price, all of which are heavily discounted now.

I don't see myself buying any game at launch anymore...

I'm getting kinda better with waiting on games, but there are certain titles I just can't wait on.  Either because it is a franchise I know I will love or it has a great Mutliplayer/Co-op mode that I have a lot of friends getting into.

But some titles are dropping in price faster than others.  Like RAGE being only $20, which was only released in October.  Considering I bought it for $60 back then & I still haven't played it very much, kinda sucks.

I just bought Metro 2033 like 3 days ago. I might take it back, get a refund, buy some game and get one free. My dilemma would be what do I get because there's nothing I'm really looking for on Xbox or PS3 and I don't know about your local Gamestop but my local Gamestop's computer game section is horrible LOL I mean like a small rack, one sided, shared with accessories type of horrible LOL.

GameStop doesn't really focus on selling hard copies of PC games anymore.  They are trying to move into the Digital space because well many of the customer base aren't there for PC games, only consoles.  If you look at a major title release they will get tons of copies for Xbox/PS3 & only a handful for the PC, unless people actually reserve it.  Also GS won't take any returns on PC titles.

If they were doing this for a week then I'd be set but I really need more timethan a day to decide if I want to go buy anything. Though my backlog is getting large and I don't have most of that backlog yet so I might see if I can get Sonic Generations, Dark Souls and Final Fantasy XIII-2 for around $70.